Orangeburg pipe found in Seattle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orangeburg pipe found in Seattle

I have only found orangeburg pipe once before but it was used as a pond drain. But today I actually found one 12' section of it in use. House had cast iron that turned to clay then it became cement pipe then orangburg then back to clay then PVC! Wow lot of different pipe materials! Looked like somebody just had some around and threw it in the mess. Only bummer was the orangeburg was under the 4" slab and down 4 feet. My journeyman didn't even know what it was. I would not either if it was not for this forum.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Orangeburg pipe found in Seattle

What is it they say..."If it works"

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      What is it they say..."If it works"
      Usually it doesn't work when I find it. Thankfully I don't find it that often anymore.
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Cleaned 2 orangburg lines today, i see it almost every day.Ive cabled it and ivr jetted a couple in the last week, and was surprised that the jetter did not really damage the pipe. but it took out the roots.

Comment

When ever I explain what Orangeburg is to home owners, they always have the same response.

something along the lines of " well, who the he11 would put something like that in the ground"?
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

We have tons of it up here but it's called Bermaco. Made and I think invented at the Berlin Paper mill In Northern NH if my History is correct according to local history. The product was then copied by a company in Orangeburg NY,
            and mass produced and shipped everywhere. But no matter what it's called or where it comes from It's Junk And needs to be removed.
            Rod
            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
            http://unclognh.com
            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

we have tons of the crap around here. they built a big ammo plant during ww2 and basically tract houses for the workers. i'm assuming there was a bit of a metal shortage around this time because this orangeburg is on almost every house in certain sections of town. if you see a one story 800 sq ft house without a garage in this town you can almost guarantee what the sewer is gonna be. also nice when i shove a cutter head out the side of it and come up in the yard!!

Comment

Working...
              X