X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you removed from a toilet?

Just curious as to what is the strangest thing youve removed from a toilet or drain ? I pushed Dora the explorer and her parrot freind out of a lateral last month and ive also removed a homemade pot pipe from a toilet, felt bad for that 16 year old kid.

Re: What have you removed from a toilet?

The one that comes to mind is when I went to someones house and the toilet would flush but at the same time just not act right.

I finally got fed up and took the thing up. Took it outside and on the way heard a "shing-shing" back and forth in the trap.

Got it in the yard and worked it around and around. Finally got a bunch of change out of it. Two young girls were making wishes.

About a $1.50 worth.

J.C.

Comment

I once was called on a clogged water closet, walked in with my Ridgid K-6 auger ran it through and pulled back a comb. I call the lady of the house into the bathroom to show her what I removed, and have her wittiness my three test flushes with paper. She was impressed I removed the comb , but as I flushed the water closet for the first time with toilet paper, it backed up right away again. So I ran the auger in the water closet again , pulled out another comb. The lady said "Wait a minute." She then opened a drawer and pulled out an empty wrapper that use to hold 12 combs in it. She then said "There is going to be 10 more in there." Sure enough made 10 more passes and removed 10 more combs. Finally I got to flush the toilet paper down the water closet 3 times with out any back up.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        I once was called on a clogged water closet, walked in with my Ridgid K-6 auger ran it through and pulled back a comb. I call the lady of the house into the bathroom to show her what I removed, and have her wittiness my three test flushes with paper. She was impressed I removed the comb , but as I flushed the water closet for the first time with toilet paper, it backed up right away again. So I ran the auger in the water closet again , pulled out another comb. The lady said "Wait a minute." She then opened a drawer and pulled out an empty wrapper that use to hold 12 combs in it. She then said "There is going to be 10 more in there." Sure enough made 10 more passes and removed 10 more combs. Finally I got to flush the toilet paper down the water closet 3 times with out any back up.
        You need to be on the Pro Fishing Tour.

J.C.

Comment

Got a call to a retirement home my boss at the time said what ever you do dont auger the toilet but he wouldnt give me details when i got there they told me the cleaning lady knocked a brand new pair of dentures down the toilet so i pulled the toilet put it out in the yard and smacked the trap with my hammer after the first hit all i saw was brite shiney teeth smiling back at me through a small hole. kinda gave me the creeps
          Mike
          Clark County Plumbing And Drain
          www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

I got a call the owners mother dropped her eye glasses down the water closet. It took about a 15-minute service call to pull the water closet, pull the glasses from the horn and reset the water closet. The funny part is they didn't even clean the glasses before she put them back on.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

toys. and just one there were 5-6 stuffed in there. i'm sure my auger didn't help. i had to pull the toilet mirror and flashlight to see any from the bottom. i then broke the toilet as there was no way those toys were coming out. they were so packed in there.
              the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

I have pulled out all of the letters of the alphabet(the foam kind for the bathtub), a wooden toilet paper roll holder, q-tips, drinking cups.

But the one that takes the cake was a call for a plugged toilet, break out the closet snake and go at it, heard something drop and all was good. Then the Mrs. of the house asked if I found anything, told her no and went to the basement and there was no closet bend, just vertical pipe to the sewer. She said she lost her dentures that were brand new. Time to bust the floor and cut into the sewer and low and behold there were her dentures. Needless to say she was very happy to have them back.

Comment

So I pull my auger back out of a stool and notice a wierd, shiny like substance on it. The stool still wouldn't flush, so I pulled it and tipped it upside down. And then I saw it- the remains of a fileted bluegill, all folded up and stuck in the top of the trap.

Keep in mind the guy who did this watched this whole process but didn't say a word until I told him what was in it.

Comment

I have also pulled false teeth out of a toilet in a nursing home. The messed up thing though was seeing the nurse rinse the teeth off in the sink and put them back in the elderly persons denture container next to the sink. I have pulled tooth brushes, those deodorants that hang from the side of the bowl and my favorite... all the cellphones. I actually used to have a collection of cell phones in the back of my truck in a 5 gal. bucket. They would usually be pulled from toilets in clubs and bars and they were always in the Ladies restroom. Cant tell you how many pink razor phones i had.

Comment

Pulled out so many things i dont even remerber them all
                      I did catch a big dead aquarium fish in the lip ,, flushed 2 days before...
                      Had a lady say her son was playing in the bath room ,,pulled out her bra..
                      pulled out long johns,,at the jail
                      had to use my sewer machine to reach a size 65 under ware..also at a jail
                      sherif new were to find the owner, to return lol
                      pregnance test things ,,cell pho, tub stoppers,,way to many toys

Comment

Lets see...
                        • eyeglasses
                        • pens and pencils
                        • combs
                        • cell phones
                        • nail files
                        • various kids toys
                        • toilet paper holder rod
                        • cooney island beach whistles
                        • hotel sized shampoo bottles
                        • tooth brushes
                        • underwear
                        • probably a bunch that I have forgotten about

But I'm gonna say the weirdest thing was a Duracell "D" battery packed on top of one of the things that screw into a lamp converting it to a "Touch" lamp. it looks like a screw in compact fluorescent lamp ballast...
                        411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

I got a full tube of toothpaste out of a friend of mines closet bend for him one time. My uncles also got drunk and puked his false teeth up in his toilet and I helped him get them back. (He is a plumber) It was kind of nasty because he just soaked them in bleach for like 12 hrs and used them again. Ive pulled a wad of gum out of a house my parent's rented with a toilet auger. I also had a professional use a K-60 on my main line in the house I live in now and we pulled back a hair elastic, and most of a full ponytail that it appears someone just cut off with scissors and flushed whole. It belonged to the person who lived here before us cause she had blonde hair that she said she cut herself. That was about two years ago!

Comment

Too many to list but the strangest thing that comes to mind has only happened to me three times in 14 years.

On all three occasions I augered a commode and pulled out roots. Then pulled the commode to find out that roots had grown from under slab in between the commode bend and the slab, under and around the flange, and down the pipe. Two had grown to a point that the roots had taken the shape of under the commode.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

I broke out plaster ,yes plaster. It was a building and the owner call ,stated the tenant had a problem with the w/c . auger would not go in ,i put my hand in and felt some thing solid .pulled the w/c and solid plaster . I believe spite work .

Comment

Working...
                              X