Fun-eral Homes how do u guys handle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun-eral Homes how do u guys handle?

Just finished up at a funeral home and it got me thinkin. How do u guys handle the whole situation?
    Do u allow company in the prep room?
    What do u do with cables/gloves/machines?
    How do u protect yourselves? Face shield etc.
    Any stories?

Re: Fun-eral Homes how do u guys handle?

2 weeks ago i did a job at a animal care center/ aka dog pound.

their refrigerator in the euthanasia room had a plugged floor drain.

of course they warned me in advance that the fridge was occupied.

still is sad to see pets put to sleep

what pissed me off was this is a 1 year old multi/ multi million dollar city facility and all it took was removing the 2 screws on the strainer and pulling the dollar plug

i guess those city employees and their plumbers didn't have the stomach to work inside the fridge.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by NYSEWERMAN View Post
      Just finished up at a funeral home and it got me thinkin. How do u guys handle the whole situation?
      Do u allow company in the prep room?
      What do u do with cables/gloves/machines?
      How do u protect yourselves? Face shield etc.
      Any stories?
      $$$$$$$ I charge for a Bio hazard suit, Cables and blades and more $$$$$
      They will complain about the price Till I tell them not everyone died of old age. They make 6K per funeral so they can afford the biohazard drain cleaning fee.
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

RICK

It takes special people with guts/balls/whatever to do the nasty stuff. I bet more than once you've had a nasty sewage bath. Now please tell all about your worst ever job and have the forum vomiting all over. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
          They make 6K per funeral so they can afford the bio-hazard drain cleaning fee.
          Damn right they can pay some $$$ for your protective equipment and never take foolish chances with your life/health. It's not worth it.

Comment

X Ray rooms are bad news too, with all that black by product from processing the film. White suits and gloves are worth every penny. I cant see charging more that cost of the suits plus the extra time to clean it all up.

Comment

Originally posted by DANE View Post
              X Ray rooms are bad news too, with all that black by product from processing the film. White suits and gloves are worth every penny. I cant see charging more that cost of the suits plus the extra time to clean it all up.

Don't forget your time to go buy the suits and the space required to store them (assuming you keep them on hand).
              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Do u guys make sure the bodies are outta the way?
                I do, they know by now I do not want company while working. The cables etc belong to them. If its a new home I'm working for I tell em get rid of the bodies and I'm there.
                Rick. I hate workin the pounds, it sure is sad seein all those animals.

Comment

The ones that I work at always have the rooms cleared for me. It is just the visitation rooms that are not cleared. That messed me up for a while, it was a baby sized casket and I had a baby at home.

Comment

Working...
                  X