X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with sewer ejection pump

went to a job today sewer ejection pump in basement not working, when i plug the pump in it starts to pump i can tap on the 2" discharge line and it is full the water level in the tank drops a little but only about a 1/4". unplug the pump the line drains back in to the tank the water level rises a 1/4" and tap on the discharge line and its empty.so i know the pump is pumping some, i also know the check valve is bad and i thought the line maybe plugged so i snaked it to the 4" main clean out only abot 12' away and still nothing. there is only about 5' of rise. the only thing i can think of is that the pump is tired? it looks like its pretty old. what do you guys think?
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Re: help with sewer ejection pump

Impellers go bad...all sewerage pumps look old. Sell them a new one with a warranty if you can. Things like that are too big to chance.

Comment

tampon or similar in the pump, and/or similar junk in check valve. pull pump, check impeller clear. remove any other pump killers from pit. pull check valve out and remove what's in it if anything. reassemble and test through several cycles. no warranties.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I second removing the check valve and making sure it is clear and functional, then check the pump for any blockages in the impeller if all is clear, then it is time for a new pump.

Just thinking is there a vent for the crock that could be plugged?

Comment

You guys are kinda missing the clues. It would pump to a certain height and than it couldnt pump any more and the pump was running freely.This job was for a home warranty company so they always want to fix not replace. i got the approval to replace the pump and the check valve. So today i pull the lid and the pump and the male adapter has a hole the size of a quarter in it as soon as i saw that it made sense it could pump until the head pressure got to much and it couldnt keep up. just when i thought ive seen everything. I agree with you guys though if it was anything but a home warranty job id tell them to replace it.
          Mike

Comment

Was it a PVC male adapter? How in the world did it get a hole that big in the fitting?

Comment

schedule 80 pvc not sure how. i didnt get my nose to close to it to inspect it though
              Mike

Comment

So did you wrap duct tape around the hole and call it a day?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                  So did you wrap duct tape around the hole and call it a day?
                  DUCT TAPE? im a proffesional plumber i am insulted that you would think i would use duct tape. Everyone knows duct tape wouldnt hold for very long under water like that. I used that STOP LEAK stuff that Billy Mays was selling.
                  Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X