X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter

After reading every previous post I could find on jetters, I decided that I would like to purchase a 7.5gpm/4000psi/24hp honda large cart jetter from Jonsie at jetters northwest. He was very helpful on the phone, and had a lot of advice.
    I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with them before, or used this particular jetter.

Bryan
    Attached Files

Re: Jetter

I recently ordered a foot pedal and a nozzle from them. Quick turnaround and friendly service.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Never heard of them. Thanks. what kind of pump is on that?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

its an Udor pump. Jonsie assured me that when jetting remotely, it can run dry for a couple of minutes (till you get there to shut it down) if something happens and you run the tank dry. I don't intend to put that to a test.

Comment

I live real close to them and bought my jetter there. Good product but they think gpm and bigger hose size is how to get flow because they work with big city monster jetters. So get the set up you just said which will really be 8 gpm not 7.5 at 3800 psi. The honda will loosen up after the first or second oil change and give a little more psi probably. But my point is select your nozzles based on what the machine actually does once you get it. You will have to check your gpm and psi and select the right nozzles to match your hose size. I like 3/8 for 3-6 inch lines and use 1/2" to flush 4-6" lines with grease or mud.
          But on roots on 3-4" the 3/8 hose takes the bends better. And no running dry EVER!
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Make sure the pump gets plenty of water. The water tank is lower than the pump. That means the pump has to work really hard to get its water supply! When it runs out of water, try and bleed out the air before running it at full revs.
            Best position for a water tank is above the pump.

Ask them to fit a low water cut-out. When wired to the fuel solenoid on a GX670 engine it will cut the engine before it starts cavitating and overheating the pump valves. Part costs $60, saves you $600!

Try running a short section of 1/4" off your 3/8" hose to get around tight bends too. Now you'll need a Root Ranger!
            Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

I purchased a small cart jetter from them,4.2 gpm @ 3700 good jetter no problems other than its not big enough to run a warthog, so it doesnt do very good at removing roots, just picked up a root ranger for it yesterday so hopefully it will cut roots now, I also dealt with Jonsie, he was very helpfull with info as this was my first jetter, after buying this jetter ive picked up a small electric 1.8 gpm @ 1700 psi for small 1 1/2 inch lines and a large trailer jetter (To run a warthog nozzle its a amazing nozzle removes all roots quickly) I think you will like jetters northwest product. if your looking for a trailer larger jet try these guys www.hotjetusa.com been very happy with my trailer jetter from them, 8.5gpm @3800 powered by a v twin 35 hp vangaurd engine(Briggs and stratton) I had an oversized engine put on so i can change to a larger pump in the future.

Comment

Thank you all for the good advice - I'm ordering it today

Comment

Working...
                X