X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k7500 5/8 ic

I wanted to inquire about the drum capacity on the k7500 to hold 5/8 ic. If i had a 100 foot length and a 50 foot length, could it all be combined in the same drum to make 150 foot length or is that going to overfill the drum. I was thinking i am suppose to feed the 100 feet first and then reload 50 feet into the drum and continue to feed. It seems to be very time consuming but is there a good way of handling these 2 cables? If i could shove both cables into the drum, would the 100 foot cable be first to feed into the c.o. or the 50 foot? Much thanks in advance!

Re: k7500 5/8 ic

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/A1B38EC...achine_Man.pdf
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Specifications
      Drum Capacity.............125′ of 3/4″ Cable, 150′ of 5/8″ Cable.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
        Specifications
        Drum Capacity.............125′ of 3/4″ Cable, 150′ of 5/8″ Cable.
        those are the published specs, but in reality, it's very difficult to squeeze that much cable into the drum and have it properly load and reload.

the issues is going to be the cable getting hung up in the guide arm. if you keep your cables well oiled and kink free, you'll have better luck.

traditionally, unless most of your runs are over 100', i would just leave the excess cable out of the machine. i use to carry a 25' and 50' extra cable. usually i know what section i will need to finish the job and would load it after the 100' was in.

every time i tried to squeeze that extra 25' of 3/4'' into the drum, i would have issues.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
        X