X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• giving a HF tool a try

I was bored to day and found this piece of crap for a deal I could not pass up.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=66506

Paid about 125.00 with taxes and my 20% off coupon

I do plan on changing the cable right away

Re: giving a HF tool a try

$260. - 20% = $208

it's modeled after the general mini rooter.

1/2'' x 50' cable, but you might squeeze in a 3/8''x 75' cable.

as long as the cable doesn't jump out of the open drum, or spit slop all over the place. you're fine. but do change to a good quality cable.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      $260. - 20% = $208

it's modeled after the general mini rooter.

1/2'' x 50' cable, but you might squeeze in a 3/8''x 75' cable.

as long as the cable doesn't jump out of the open drum, or spit slop all over the place. you're fine. but do change to a good quality cable.

rick.

clearance price 142.99* .8=114.39*1.07(sales tax)=122.4
      it was on clearance because the box was crushed. the unit is un scratched.

Comment

hahaha insert foot here.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I considered this rout when I first started to get some drain equipment, but was able to buy a K380 slightly used for about same money, (in my instance it was from a pawn shop, but have seen similar off of Ebay).

by the time you replace the cable and bet cutters for the cable, you probably could have bought a name brand unit,

just did a quick search on Ebay and here is a K 380 "buy it now" for $250 http://cgi.ebay.com/Ridgid-Drain-Cle...d=p3286.c0.m14

and a number of K 400 as well more money but there Ridgid,
          Last edited by BHD; 08-18-2009, 09:32 AM.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I have a firm dislike for harbor freight tools. I have not purchased one in years. They break so easily. A very good friend of mine used to work there and has mostly harbor freight tools. I helped him on a remodel a while back and by day two I had brought all my Ridgid and craftsman tools because his did not have any power or it just couldn't do what my other tools could. They just have cheap tools.

Comment

I bought that about 4 years ago went through 2 cables , the first cable on the first small job the tip broke ,the 2nd cable still going ,but i DO NOT USE THIS EVERY DAY I would say i used it 50x and only in my neighborhood all single family house . I also had the cable come out the drum . hope that helps

Comment

I once purchased a compound miter saw from them.(When they were a new store in the area...I was about to learn all I needed to know)
                Cutting my first piece of 3/4 molding the plastic guard caught on the blade and blew up in my face.Reinforced why I am firm believer in safety gear.
                No more garbage for me.

Comment

I got to play with this machine that HF sells. I was pretty impressed and liked it. Still wouldn't drop the $360 they are asking for it though. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=66508

Attached Files
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I live by that old saying

"You get what you pay for"

I know it might have been inexpensive but that machine is a piece of GARBAGE,

You should have saved you money........No offense, I just would never buy something like that UNLESS it was like for a back up just in case grandma got a stoppage,

Actually I take that back, I would never buy that machine...

I mean you already said: I am going to change the cable,............

It may look like a "drain machine" but that thing sucks!
                    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

seweRatz: I agree the one you mentioned is pretty impressive. I to won't pay the $ 360.00 they want for it

This machine is ment to be a back up machine. I will leave it on site of one of my bigger rental complexes that I have maintenance contracts with. There for If I am there doing something else I have a machine. If it gets stolen I am not out of much. If my electric eel and ridgid break down at the same time ( I hope not) I still will have a small drum machine along with my k 50 and k 39.

btw so far I am out of around $ 180.00
                      I can make that up with a couple of quick jobs

Comment

well I got to use the darn thing today. I was impressed. not bad power from the motor. the foot switch is " somewhat comparable " to electric eel. The only thing I did not like was the forward reverse switch. There isn't one
                        It is normal or un bind.

Over all I am going to say I kinda of like this machine. It is only a back up. I think for the price some one could not go wrong. Especially if there was a choice of this one and some heavily used stuff of ebay.

Ok let the ripping begain

Comment

I use a Ridgid K-3800 and I don't need a back up machine! Thanks!

“The bitterness of poor quality

is remembered long after

the sweetness of low price

has faded from memory.”

411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

I smell like bean with bacon soup.

Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Jay, your avatar is really distracting. It takes my thoughts away from drain cleaning and plumbing issues...

Comment

Working...
                              X