4" root cutter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4" root cutter

Usually I ignore the threads that have DIY'ers insulting us. But I'm fed up.

Sure there's rip off artists in any line of work. The guys on here are honest hard workers who get paid for their knowledge, experience, and know how. We have a cost of running business. People come here and ask for what we and everyone else in the world get paid for. Our knowledge. Most times we give it up for FREE.

How dare u insult us when you're doing the job improperly. If this job is so easy and cheap to do, get yourself the truck, PROPER equipment, insurance, and registration/liscensing. Then you go out and do drains PROPERLY for $25 an hour.

See u outside home depot.
    I will now continue ignoring insulting post as I feel we all should do.

Comment

Well I charge $1000 to do 40 ft runs of course my snake cuts the roots out then it fuzes the seperations and breaks and fixes the drain while it's in there.

Repair the darn line and you won't need it to be snaked!
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

like i said bob, i'll swap out some industrial textiles for some industrial snaking.

cathy, i think you need to find your thread, i might be bringing home some industrial textiles

truthfully $150 for a main line is right in my ballpark.

remember that this is typically unscheduled emergency work and not a job that you do next time in your in the area with some free time.

bob, too bad you jumped down our throats. typically i stick up for the diy questions, but you really hit home with that uncalled for statement.

sure there's plenty of scams in any service trade. maybe you've had a
        bad run of calling plumbers in the blind.

find a good local plumber and work with him. that's the type of customer i want. i'm in it for the long haul, not the quick bucks.

sorry you felt this way. funny part is non of us bashed you until you bashed our trade in general.

sort of late to apologize, but maybe you can explain your statements

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

$150 from a ground level accessible c/o? I'd say that's just about right. If you think that's a rip, then I'm sure $225+ from inside or from a roof vent would give you a coronary.

Comment

I was going to write a bunch of stuff but FU sums it up.

Comment

I Agree with Lenny FU !!

Comment

Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
                I Agree with Lenny FU !!
                After all that typing I did. You two guys two letter responce said it best.
                Rod
                MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                http://unclognh.com
                http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by hebertdraincare View Post
                  i was going to write a bunch of stuff but fu sums it up.
                  lol

Comment

Re: 4" root cutter and 13 KNOTS

He's up by the outhouse. Grab a rope ,We'll string Him up Hoppy
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Service work is nasty, and not all plumbers will do it. 150 bucks to run a mainline sounds fair.

Or perhaps you want to go rent a bigger machine from home depot? You know how to operate it? Likely not. That machine can, and will, break bones.

Comment

I would love to know how much you charge for rent on your four plex. Since you think 150 dollars is too much for a plumber, Then I am sure you think over 100 dollars a month for rent is unfair too. unless they are illegal aliens then I am sure you let them in for free. God bless America.
                        Last edited by alsdrainservice; 08-21-2009, 08:49 AM.
                        Two men Have died for you. One is Jesus Christ the other is the american soldier. One died for your soul The other for your freedom.

Comment

Working...
                        X