Pluuuuged drain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pluuuuged drain

I have a 4" drain in a grocery store, it appears to go into an old trap or a downward 90 and leg is plugged. I have a feeling the pipe/fitting has separated. The k60 with either size cable and the k1500 will not get past the 90. I can see with the camera a 90 with water at the bottom of the 90 but cannnot get around it. I can try jetting but am nervous that if the pipe is separated the jetter will find its way through the joint. Any suggestions.

Re: Pluuuuged drain

Put a spiral blade on there and "pop" the feed handle in while holding firm pressure down on the cable. Put a bend in the end of the cable to make things easier.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

do you have a smaller camera? if it's full size it might be hanging up.
      the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by Boone Plumbing View Post
        I have a 4" drain in a grocery store, it appears to go into an old trap or a downward 90 and leg is plugged. I have a feeling the pipe/fitting has separated. The k60 with either size cable and the k1500 will not get past the 90. I can see with the camera a 90 with water at the bottom of the 90 but cannnot get around it. I can try jetting but am nervous that if the pipe is separated the jetter will find its way through the joint. Any suggestions.
        Can't get 5/8" through a 4" 90? Sounds like some bad ju ju man.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by jcsplumbing View Post
          can't get 5/8" through a 4" 90? Sounds like some bad ju ju man.

J.c.
          Ahh...Si`

Comment

I have tried almost every style of head for the augers. The camera head gets caught up, but the 5/8" cable won't go through, a smaller camera also won't go through.

Comment

Originally posted by Boone Plumbing View Post
              I have tried almost every style of head for the augers. The camera head gets caught up, but the 5/8" cable won't go through, a smaller camera also won't go through.
              This happens to me when they use what I call a doughnut gasket. The lateral will be 6'' and then a 4" pipe is stuck inside with a doughnut gasket. Those gasket let so many roots through and they get so big because they push the gasket out of the way. Of course it could be a seperated pipe.

Comment

how far away to the water? possible to wet vac it out so you can see what's up with camera?
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                  how far away to the water? possible to wet vac it out so you can see what's up with camera?
                  you beat me to the punch

suck out as much water and see what the camera shows.

time to get that microdrain were all raving about

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

The blockage is 33' from the clean out. Is that too far?

Comment

I would try my older closet auger with the end bent out,
                      To try to clear the trap out, so i could use my cable..

Comment

How close to the outside wall is the area you can not pass?
                        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Maybe its an old drum trap.

Comment

We use a septic truck when all else fails. Sometimes you can suck the line open. A Shop Vac will have a hard time removing 33 feet of standing water from 4 inch. What the worst thing that can happen if you jet it. Even if you get out of the pipe most time you can tell. PS I have had to dig up a drive thur at the local Taco Bell with a 580 to remove my chain nozzle from a broken pipe were there was a test ball that was used as a clean out cover by the drain guy before me. How deep is it can you locate it with out seeing it?

Comment

Unless there are signs of mud/soil on your cable, I wouldn't assume it's broken or even separated. Surprised our resident pros haven't mentioned this. It's probably just heavy scale/rust build up or possibly a lodged object.

As mentioned the line needs to be evacuated to get a visual.

Comment

Working...
                              X