X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid-kollman d3800?

i found a guy selling a ridgid kollman d3800?? anyone ever heard of this? i guess it could be a k3800. Is this a reliable setup and do you know what size cable this thing uses? I am currently looking to buy a snake for 1 1/2 to 4" lines

Re: ridgid-kollman d3800?

here is info on the k-3800

A powerful, easy to transport, versatile machine for cleaning indoor drains. Requires minimal set-up to clean sink lines, floor drains and roof vents. Rugged, corrosion-resistant molded cable drum won’t dent or rust. The drum tilt adjusts for proper cable feed angle. Inner-drum guards against cable flip-over. Cable drum’s quick-release and built-in hand-holds allow easy cable change and transport. Standard drum capacity is 100' of 3/8" or 90' of 1/2" (30m/10mm or 27m/12mm) continuous length cable:
    – 3/8" cable best for 1 1/2" to 3" lines up to 100'.
    – 1/2" cable best for 2" to 4" lines up to 90'. Optional sink drum holds up to 50' of 5/16" or 1/4" (15m/8mm) cable.
    – Ideal for cleaning through 3/4" to 1 1/2" sink traps. Powerful 1/12 HP Universal Motor spins cable at 240 RPM. When cable hits blockage, motor gears down automatically to deliver more power and enhance operator control. Tools connect to cable in seconds. CSA approved. Approved to UL standards (NRTLC). IW (Integral Wound) cables available. IW cables are slightly stiffer and kink resistant. All IW cables use 3/8" T-200 series cuttersI am not sure about the d 3800. It could be a listing mistake.
    I my self just got a k 50 a few weeks ago and like it. It is sectional but great fro 1/12 to 3 inch lines and 4 inch lines if you use the c-9 cables.
    Might I also suggest looking into the k 60

Comment

Thank you very much for the information. The guy selling this unit wants 450.00 i have not seen the unit yet but will ask to forward pictures or set a time to go see it. Once again Thank you!

Comment

just an FYI, a new K3800 w/o cables or tools sells for $1125 list price, so if you are getting machine only for $450, great deal.

Comment

forgot to add to send the pics, will be able to see the condition of the machine, drums, etc

Comment

I get nervous when I see very low priced drain cleaning equipment. I mean how do we know it was not stolen. My uncle's van used to get broken into at least 6 times a year and they steal his Spartan machines and K-50. He would go to the Maxwell St Flea Market in Chicago, that same week and 9 times out of 10 he would find his equipment.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
              I get nervous when I see very low priced drain cleaning equipment. I mean how do we know it was not stolen. My uncle's van used to get broken into at least 6 times a year and they steal his Spartan machines and K-50. He would go to the Maxwell St Flea Market in Chicago, that same week and 9 times out of 10 he would find his equipment.
              Tell me about it
              I was looking at this general gen eye sewer camera but the pictures of inside sewer pipes that they posted we posted on other units too
              Bet it does not work. I watch Ebay all the time for deals
              http://cgi.ebay.com/Gen-Eye-Pipe-Vid...d=p3286.c0.m14
              Rod
              MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
              Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
              http://unclognh.com
              http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Working...
              X