X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kitchen & Laundry Lines

Question , Adam. I'm guessing New Const. is down in Your area, as is in most places , and this drain work is taking It's place, to some degree. Are You enjoying this service work? Are You doing an advertising campaign? Myself , I enjoy learning!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      that's why plastic is a so much better product for kitchens and laundry drains.

the customer typically just wants a running/ draining sink. not a brand new line.

working from inside through a 1.5'' trap arm, i typically run the 5/8 with either the bulb auger or the 4 blade cutter. if these make it, i'm happy and the line is draining fine. the customer is back up and running and good to go.

outside 2'' c/o i will use 7/8'' with either my 4 blade or my reverse 7/8'' auger.

remember that the 7/8'' with a cutter, female coupling, male coupling, and cable, is not as flexible in a tight 2'' 90 as you think.

the reverse 7/8'' auger has a good 13' of pure cable with open hook doing the cutting before you have to worry about a couple of couplings.
      rick.
      I remember an old article in P.+M. Mag. years ago. It's quick ,and serves the customer well ,to just cut out the SLIMMEY OLD Galve sink run,than play with it. I agree, and do this on a remodel.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        So I got lucky.
        Draino anyone?
        Pipe was flat so over the years draino was the remedy.
        Still need to figure out a way to get under the kitchen.
        Anyone know about 2" liners?
        I'm confused. How did you get this horizontal piece out? Looks large enough and intact like you have the floor open.

I have never pipe lined or patched. Just watched some videos. Every one I've seen done there had to be some pipe intact with a reasonably clear bore there. This looks past that and the pipe removed anyway.

Am I missing something?

Concrete chainsaw.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          I'm confused. How did you get this horizontal piece out? Looks large enough and intact like you have the floor open.

I have never pipe lined or patched. Just watched some videos. Every one I've seen done there had to be some pipe intact with a reasonably clear bore there. This looks past that and the pipe removed anyway.

Am I missing something?

Concrete chainsaw.

J.C.
          I agree! Did You become a tunnel rat? Or bust out the floor ??

Comment

this is the bath on the backside.
            2" ready to line if possible
            Attached Files

Comment

You've been working hard.

Would the Fernco patch work? Gene B. has some experience if I recall.

J.C.

Comment

Man you are workin on that one! Or it was hot lol Hot and workin.
                Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                  Man you are workin on that one! Or it was hot lol Hot and workin.
                  Thanks

Work is slow.Calls for work too far apart.I'm a TOXIC HOG.Bathroom is in stagnant air.Sweat feels good.Scares the owners wife though.
                  So many things in service I'm not used to.I like physical stuff.
                  Now I know why 9to5 professional talkers go to the gym.No real work.

ADAM

Comment

I have to say Adam is one of the hardest working guy I have ever seen and he is not afraid of shovels. It's not to often you see the contractor scatter the laborers (105 degree day) so he can dig it himself but I saw it happen.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

OMG....where is our Adam and what have you done with him? Our Adam would never post pics
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Where's the shoring.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          OMG....where is our Adam and what have you done with him? Our Adam would never post pics
                          I know
                          Remember how many times I swore I'd never be a poser.

So now I'm a hypocrite as well

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            Where's the shoring.

J.C.
                            Deep Footings

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              I have to say Adam is one of the hardest working guy I have ever seen and he is not afraid of shovels. It's not to often you see the contractor scatter the laborers (105 degree day) so he can dig it himself but I saw it happen.

Mark
                              One can only imagine how much harder I would have had to work had it not been for your Seesnake and Navitrac.

Thank You Mark

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                                One can only imagine how much harder I would have had to work had it not been for your Seesnake and Navitrac.

Thank You Mark
                                Friends don't let friends sports dig.

Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                                X