16 hp jetters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 hp jetters

Where are they? Why doesn't anyone make one? It seems it goes 13hp, 18hp, 20 hp, 24hp. Is there a technical reason why they're not worth being produced?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: 16 hp jetters

http://www.pressurewashersales.net/CC420e.html

For this price I might buy one just to see how long it takes to nuke it

Comment

Let me clarify, honda and others make 16hp motors but they're not used in jetters. Bill, at that price, you could buy a new motor every few jobs and still make out.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Landa made a 16hp briggs twin cylinder 4000 psi PW and MiTm made one called the 4004 4000 psi 4 GPM
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Sorry your question got me thinking about making one myself

Udor GKC 17/28-GR Gear drive pump = $800
          16 HP gas w/ electric start motor= $400
          Root Ranger= $352
          300'x1/4" jetter hose= $500
          1/4" jetter nozzles assorted= $300
          Hose cart= $200
          Foot Valve & quick connects= $300

So it looks like 4.5 gpm @4000PSI and accesories for $2852

Does it look like this would be a good start?

No hijack intended

Comment

hijack away or http://www.watercannon.com/pc-549-6-...re-washer.aspx get the same speced for less money
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

don't shoot the messenger

but general makes the 3055 jetter.
              16h.p vanguard 3000# 5.5 gpm. a nice packaged unit.

just overlook the price for the orange paint.

now with all the drain guys including the jetter guys, why don't we spec. out the ultimate ridgid jetter.

it worked for the microdrain for toilets last year at the roundup.

this year i say we design the ultimate gas jetter.

we can call it the r(ick)-60-0.

hey it's my idea

i think i can convince morris to jump ship from threaders and go jetters

ridgid is really way behind in the jetter market.

we can give them a good kick start out there and go red.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Okiebill, my shop built it's own jetter, not a portable by any means, it rides on an 8 foot trailer, has a 300 gallon holding tank, a 400 foot reel of 1/4 inch hose, and 200 foot of 3/8 inch hose, along with 200 foot of matching blue garden hose so it all looks uniform. I don't know the engine specs, but building your own does seem to be the way to go price wise. Though ours doesn't have a foot valve it's been powerful enough to do anything we've Needed it to do.
                I seem to recall 3500 psi max and 5 gallons a minute, but those could be rounded numbers. I do know when i'm adjusting the throttle it runs smoothest at 3200 psi.

right now, i'm wishing it had a foot valve, and ball valves to swap jetter hoses rather than quick disconnects.

the boss has been mumbling about buying a diesel pressure washer and building another jetter. if he ever gets around to it that might get to be fun.
                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  don't shoot the messenger

but general makes the 3055 jetter.
                  16h.p vanguard 3000# 5.5 gpm. a nice packaged unit.

just overlook the price for the orange paint.

now with all the drain guys including the jetter guys, why don't we spec. out the ultimate ridgid jetter.

it worked for the microdrain for toilets last year at the roundup.

this year i say we design the ultimate gas jetter.

we can call it the r(ick)-60-0.

hey it's my idea

i think i can convince morris to jump ship from threaders and go jetters

ridgid is really way behind in the jetter market.

we can give them a good kick start out there and go red.

rick.
                  No way. They didn't put my name on any part of the MicroDrain.

See #'s 3 and 4 of the second section.

I know, I know, someone will say they already had it ALL worked out on a napkin a year ago.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...xplorer+Review

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

I know, I know, someone will say they already had it ALL worked out on a napkin a year ago.

J.C.
                    we'll let josh or thomas be the judge on that 1

12/14/08 was your posting. you're close to a year late.

rick
                    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 08-23-2009, 02:32 PM.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      we'll let josh or thomas be the judge on that 1

12/14/08 was your posting. you're close to a year late.

rick
                      Toldja.

J.C.

Comment

http://www.aquablast.com/Standard-Un...old-water.html

Comment

I purchased a ridgid gas jeter a while ago and it works great just has its limits thats all.
                          I doubt other units on the market have the stated psi and flow with such small hp.
                          Mines 13 hp with 3000psi and 4 gallons and is great up to four inch on everything but roots.
                          Used it a few days at a chinese take away place from the grease trap upstream and it was very good.
                          It was very expensive compared to others on the market but its something ill keep so not fussed. Not sure why its not in the US
                          Hope this helps
                          ps. now know mine has 13hp.sorry
                          Last edited by ozplumb; 09-07-2009, 09:03 AM. Reason: wrong figures

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
                            It's just Rick, JC. He has to be #1 in everything. He thought of the roundup, he beat me in sledgehammers and racing, his comments are the only one that matters on the forum. If you don't believe him, just ask and he'll tell you.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              It's just Rick, JC. He has to be #1 in everything. He thought of the roundup, he beat me in sledgehammers and racing, his comments are the only one that matters on the forum. If you don't believe him, just ask and he'll tell you.
                              ben i know you were sleeping for the roundup, but at what point did you forget about all the discussion about a camera for the explorer that could go through a toilet?

didn't most of us gather around greg as he attempted to get an explorer through the toilet in the school house?

wasn't the roundup in june of 08?

did i ask for a show of hands while we had the open discussion for who would like a toilet camera?

remember that there are alot more discussions going on that are not posted on the forum for a reason

12/14/08 is no where near when a toilet camera was discussed. that's 6 months after the roundup and it was talked about there when you were sleeping

if so, then josh did a great job of going from an idea to a full blown working and marketed product in under 8 months.

p.s. i was never taking credit for this as i was only repeating what the forum members had been discussing ever since the first explorer came out.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X