Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your calling Me a rip off?

OK I do this job today teamed up with a local in town plumber
    We had a heavy freak rain storm 5 inches in 20 minutes.

Got the call from a local auto repair shop. Storm water blew the toilet off it's flange Damaged the flange. Flange and toilet needed to be replaced.
    I was clearing the main sewer and floor drain had sand some rocks
    got them clear gave the owner the bill he goes on a rampage about the bill A big rampage Shop was local so I was not to hard on him $200 bucks. All you plumbers are FU*% rip offs In front of his customers
    Now I'm Pissed
    So I told him about his rip off rates I told him I did not go crazy when you charged me $947.16 to replace my fuel pump in less than an hour
    and your calling me a rip off the fuel pump listed for less than $300 bucks
    you charge me $647.16 for an hours work And you think I'm a rip off? The other plumber gives him a bill of $595. for new toilet and flange install. Guy goes nuts. You Fu%# rip offs
    Mind you the $595 included the new toilet, and flange ring, bolts
    if you added our bill together 795.00 Still less than his one hour fuel pump install. A few of his customers left What a jerk.
    He paid his bills with cash. Told him don't call me again. You won't see him repairing my van again jerk.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Re: Your calling Me a rip off?

Hi,

Don't take it to heart man, This economy has brought out the worst in some people.

Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one, You showed up, did the work as a respectable person, don't let those fools bring you down,

Just keep going forward - Jerks will be there tomorrow as well

BTW: Some people say I am not a real plumber, do I let that bother me? No, In turn I just channel the energy into something positive as you should do as well.

They are not paying rent to be in your head, so evict those fools ( another words forget about it )

Hope this helps.

Joseph

Comment

He's got to be that one in 500 customers
      people like that just angry all the time
      I'm laughing about it now Wish I could have seen the toilet explode.
      Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

i had a similar episode with a customer that thought i was too expensive even though i located a sewer line break and showed them where to dig to fix it.

jump ahead a few months and i get this call saying they were backed up again and could i come over? i asked if the line was ever fixed and she relied, "no". i told here i couldn't get there but i'd let her know IF i could make it in the future. "but i have sewage all over my floors" she whined. i said i'd let her know IF i could make it in the future. she called twice that day with the same "conversation".

the good news she never called back.

i'll help someone out if they are truly in need but whiners and their ilk get no compassion from me

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
          i had a similar episode with a customer that thought i was too expensive even though i located a sewer line break and showed them where to dig to fix it.

jump ahead a few months and i get this call saying they were backed up again and could i come over? i asked if the line was ever fixed and she relied, "no". i told here i couldn't get there but i'd let her know IF i could make it in the future. "but i have sewage all over my floors" she whined. i said i'd let her know IF i could make it in the future. she called twice that day with the same "conversation".

the good news she never called back.

i'll help someone out if they are truly in need but whiners and their ilk get no compassion from me

steve
          People can drive you crazy.
          Thank God most are good people.
          Rod

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
            He's got to be that one in 500 customers
            people like that just angry all the time
            I'm laughing about it now Wish I could have seen the toilet explode.

I also agree, guy is probably miserable in all aspects of life and looking to take it out on everyone else.

Next time video tape him yellin and post it on youtube

Comment

That would be great Tell him hold on while I get a camera . OK you can continue your rampage
              Rod

Comment

UnClog, if half your customers do not complain about your charges, you are not charging enough. You have to raise your rates where everyone complains. They will keep calling you for your great service, and will say " I know you charge a lot but you do great work."
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                Ron's Facebook
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

UnClog there will always be the bad customers..now you got him weeded out and got your money..
                  I get my enjoyment when they call me back again and again..
                  AND I DONT Respond
                  still waiting for a old neighbor that thought the 20$ i charged for my sewer machine should have been included in my service call because a carpenter dosent charge for his saw....He held that back...dont bother me when the wife has another party and the pots stop,,, I wont go.. SHE WILL GIVE HIM HELL FOR THAT 20$

Comment

$800.00 cash.

the only people that pay that kind of cash are drug dealers and people that didn't pay taxes on that $800.00. for cash they want a discount. i don't do that. he's a car dealer. his whole business could be heading south. piss on him, enjoy the money. breid....................

Comment

I don't discuss business in front of the owner's customers. I talk to the manager in the office or in the back.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The guy going off in front of his own customers shows you his true colors. A professional would have calmly taken you somewhere private and explained he didn't think it would cost quite as much when he decided to call. Regardless of area, your charges and the other plumbers were not out of line by any stretch. It's funny how people resent others trying to make a profit while they can't hide the fact that they're making even more! It's hypocrisy at it's best.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          I don't discuss business in front of the owner's customers. I talk to the manager in the office or in the back.
                          I believe that was the owner's decision ,not unclog 's
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                            I believe that was the owner's decision ,not unclog 's
                            He was the owner and did not seem to care who was around.
                            Rod

Comment

Working...
                            X