X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck camera

Oh ya it's stuck big time. I think the head folded backward when I went around the T on it's back? Everything was under water so I have no idea. I think it's at the bottom of the T, It may be a few feet outside. I'll bust up cement tomorrow. If it's outside it's 7.5' down with a driveway next to it.. I hope I can get it from the inside. Dang I sure did pull harder then I wanted to. I still have video and transmit I just hope it isn't in a permanent 90. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Re: Stuck camera

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
    Oh ya it's stuck big time. I think the head folded backward when I went around the T on it's back? Everything was under water so I have no idea. I think it's at the bottom of the T, It may be a few feet outside. I'll bust up cement tomorrow. If it's outside it's 7.5' down with a driveway next to it.. I hope I can get it from the inside. Dang I sure did pull harder then I wanted to. I still have video and transmit I just hope it isn't in a permanent 90. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    What size pipe? size camera head? and camera cable thickness? How far out?
    Last edited by UnClogNH; 08-24-2009, 07:17 PM.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

2 bottles of liquid dishwashing soap. Let sit for an hour then tug.

At worst you are looking at an expensive dig up or retermination on the cable.....your choice

Comment

Do this it has worked

Depending on the distance If you can push a garden hose out to the camera head.

Get a shop vac sleve garden hose into shop vac hose. duck tap closed
        suck water out like a straw. then see what camera can see.
        Then hand push your snake to camera head and try to flip if back or un jam it.
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

it's surprising when you see your own cable or spring on the monitor.

typically in a san tee with a smaller flexible camera.

getting the water to drain or clear up will help you determine if it's time to dig.

if the spring folded over it's too late to pull

let us know how it went

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

What has happened to me before is the bottom of the cast iron is rotted out and my camera fell out of the pipe into a hole. luckily I was using a general camera and the chock that was on it wasn't on very tight and the camera slipped out. Ever since then if I can't see the bottom of the pipe The camera does not go in.
            Two men Have died for you. One is Jesus Christ the other is the american soldier. One died for your soul The other for your freedom.

Comment

The camera is still stuck. I busted up the floor and cut the pipe but the head was further then I could reach. i didn't get a chance to read your replies but I wish I would have. I would have tried them all. Tomorrow the excavator will be there. CRAPPP. It's the first time I had to call in equipment to get me unstuck. I wish it was my cable and not the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                . It's the first time I had to call in equipment to get me unstuck..
                My biggest fear, I'm not looking forward to the day it happens and in this business it's just a matter of when not if.

Good luck saysflushable
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Thanks Gene I'm just hoping the camera is not damaged.

Comment

Got mine stuck today, got a call some kids dropped rocks down the co sure enough trying to push them to the main and my camera went past one of the rocks and on the way back the rock caught an offset joint and I was stuck. ran a cable down without power and was able to dislodge the camera thank god, pushed the rocks out with my jetter, same thing happened to me about 6 months ago onl;y it wasnt a rock, roto rooter hasd been there before me and broke a blade off in the pipe and didnt tell any body.had to break out the basement floor on that one, so I know how you feel when youamera gets stuck best of luck getting it out.

Comment

Nothing sucks quite like getting stuck sucks. The good part about it is that if you got stuck, it's probably no fault of you or the eqipment; I can only remember one time when I got equipment stuck for no apparent reason w/o a break in the line or an object or some similar scenario, and that is in YEARS of pretty casually just chucking equipment down lines.

You seem to be following my program, which is just stay with it, do what needs done to take care of the situation, be prepared to suck it up if it is on you, but wait for the dig to show what it shows and you will probably find some messed up deal that needed put right anyway and that anyone trying to do a thorough job would have got hung up in.

In the end, if you had just cut your cable and walked away from it, you'd have about $3k in making the camera work again and a justifiably pissed off customer. Stay with it and, at worst, you pay the dig bill and some lesser repair costs for cam, and probably find that the whole episode is billable as the line needed to be dug anyway, and you are the guy who took care of his customer instead of the guy who walked away and left them hanging.
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

i know the feeling when i got my k-60 cable stuck. "it finally happened to me"

some saw cutting and digging and all was good.

you'll get it out and all will be fine. all in a day at the office

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

How'd you make out on this saysflushable?
                          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

We got the camera out in 1 piece although it does have a bend in it just behind the head. It was my fault so I'll eat the retrieval cost. It was doubled over just like it does sometimes at the bottom of a T. I forced it into a cast iron 90 and there it was. I stuck my arm up the 90 and forced the head straight and out she came. It took about 3 hours with 2 guys total including locateing the rest of the pipe. That was using an excavator that was to small for the job. Wish I would have done it from the get go but hind sight is 20/20. Thanks for all the support. Man I'm glad thats behind me. I wonder what the repair of the camera will cost

Comment

More good news, Bing plumbing did the excavating for nothing. He said it was thanks for the times I've helped him out.

Comment

Working...
                              X