X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you explain this ?

Got a call a while ago for a clogged sewer lateral go to the house and run a snake with a 3 " blade down the outside co hit the clog and it was solid no way was the blade getting past what ever was wrong with the pipe but the water did drain, so i ran a camera down the drain and i find several small kids toys and the ends to a bathroom towel rack the part that screws to the wall and then has the long bar in between them, dont ask me how they got there but they did, and they were all lodged in the pipe about 10 feet from the city main, so i try and push them with my camera and get about 6 " from the main and one of the towel rack peices catches and is stuck, so i run a cable with a 3" blade to try and dislodge it, at first it would not move thgem it gave and my cable lunged forward about a foot, I start to bring my cable back and BAM im stuck, run the camera and my blade has dislodged the towel rack and pushed it into the main and my cable is also in the main but one side of my blade has been bent straight out and wont fit back into the main (trying to get a 6 " ball through a 4"pipe) end up having to sit and run my machine for about 45 minutes with me pulling the cable tight and finally the blade broke and i was free, Can anybody explain how this happened ?

Re: Can you explain this ?

when i get stuck big time, my pear blades tend to expand too.

truthfully more of an issue with drums than my sectional. maybe because my root saws don't get stuck

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Can't actually say why maybe the memory or lack of it with pear blades but I think I would have tried my arrow blades (1") to move it around not cut it?
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
        Got a call a while ago for a clogged sewer lateral go to the house and run a snake with a 3 " blade down the outside co hit the clog and it was solid no way was the blade getting past what ever was wrong with the pipe but the water did drain, so i ran a camera down the drain and i find several small kids toys and the ends to a bathroom towel rack the part that screws to the wall and then has the long bar in between them, dont ask me how they got there but they did, and they were all lodged in the pipe about 10 feet from the city main, so i try and push them with my camera and get about 6 " from the main and one of the towel rack peices catches and is stuck, so i run a cable with a 3" blade to try and dislodge it, at first it would not move thgem it gave and my cable lunged forward about a foot, I start to bring my cable back and BAM im stuck, run the camera and my blade has dislodged the towel rack and pushed it into the main and my cable is also in the main but one side of my blade has been bent straight out and wont fit back into the main (trying to get a 6 " ball through a 4"pipe) end up having to sit and run my machine for about 45 minutes with me pulling the cable tight and finally the blade broke and i was free, Can anybody explain how this happened ?
        Did your 3" pear blade's have heavy usage? They become soft after a while and expand.
        A small 1" single blade or arrow head may have worked better.
        If the object is to big. You may want to back off rather than get stuck
        Camera locate problem show HO Dig dig dig
        You can attempt but have HO sign a waiver due to contents in sewer may cause snake to become stuck and HO will have to excavate sewer.
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Dang kids playing in the cl out again.. $$$
          I go into most lines with my spiral root saw..
          unless i think or know it is orangeburg..
          If i do get stuck i go back and forth in forward and reverse untill it lets go

Comment

Working...
          X