New Phone books are out and another low ball company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Phone books are out and another low ball company

New books just arrived and once again there is some guy advertising he will clean any drain for $100, does any body else go through this ?
    I just love the low ballers.

Re: New Phone books are out and another low ball company

Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
    New books just arrived and once again there is some guy advertising he will clean any drain for $100, does any body else go through this ?
    I just love the low ballers.
    Where You Been?? $49.99
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I argue with $49.95 all the time. I don't hate him I love bustin his chops He gets banned from sites
      Seems more spam than info
      Last edited by UnClogNH; 09-01-2009, 05:08 PM.
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Give all the low ballers enough time to hang themselves. I came across this one guys website saying digging up sewers is a scam and should never be done. I called his # wanting to feel out his pitch, to find out he went out of business 4 years ago.

I seen Will rod any drain for 69.95 come and go over the years. Your $100 guy will either get busted for scamming or go under.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        Ron's Facebook
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

We had the 49.99 guy in the book a couple of years ago, He didnt last, I beleive in you get what you pay for !

Comment

as soon as his equipment breaks he will be gone. or he can't pay for his ad.
            the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

I love the $80.00 ones with "the conditions apply" add.

Tony

Comment

Theres a older guy that been around for thirty plus year around here. It will be nice when he hangs it up. Sometimes he is so cheap I think he does it for fun. I should trade him some golf clubs for his tools.

Comment

we have one here that advertises free camera call with a sewer rodding. people are finding out real quick that they always find something wrong that needs emergency repair. It is just a scam to get their foot in the door and get more money out of the customer.
                  Two men Have died for you. One is Jesus Christ the other is the american soldier. One died for your soul The other for your freedom.

Comment

there is one of those here as well,,,,,,
                    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

I have come to believe that some guys don't like making money. $49.99 for drain cleaning. Sure you will be busy, but you will have to work your *** to make any money. That does not make any sense to me. I was raised that if you worked your *** off you made more money. Lets see do 5 drains a day and make $249.95 before taxes and bills. Or do 5 drains a day and make let say $350.00. The $250 a day doesn't go far when you factor in new cables and fuel, phone, laundry etc. The $350.00 doesn't go far either.
                      Pretty soon we will see a guy doing it for $ 44.99

Comment

We've got them here in the pumping industry too. One guy advertises "cheap rates" in his ad. Another claims he will beat anyones price.

The second guy is a wild card, you never know what he's gonna do, the first guy tells me that if they ask it's one price, if they don't it's another. His low price is always $30 lower than mine.

I've got the highest pumping prices around and the highest or nearly highest portable toilet prices as well. I do lose a few customers but the ones that value service always come back.

My drain cleaning prices are about average, but that's not my specialty so I don't feel like I can charge as much.
                        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Verizon/Idearc Media sucks
                          (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                            We've got them here in the pumping industry too. One guy advertises "cheap rates" in his ad. Another claims he will beat anyones price.

The second guy is a wild card, you never know what he's gonna do, the first guy tells me that if they ask it's one price, if they don't it's another. His low price is always $30 lower than mine.

I've got the highest pumping prices around and the highest or nearly highest portable toilet prices as well. I do lose a few customers but the ones that value service always come back.

My drain cleaning prices are about average, but that's not my specialty so I don't feel like I can charge as much.

I have learned through paying what I call stupid tax. You don't buy cheap you buy quality. On the local talk radio here in town there is a remodeling company that advertised that they are not the cheapest in town but the just might be the best. I will hire that guy every time.

Comment

this has to be a joke.

http://www.actionsewer.net/

Comment

Working...
                              X