Jetter nozzle size help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter nozzle size help

putting together my first jetter it is going to be a small one 6.5hp 3gpm 2500psi from what i have been reading i would really need tips with a orifice of 3.5 but when I'm look at tips all i can find are 4.5 and bigger can i use a 4.5 on my machine?what is the biggest line i can clean with this machine tips i would like to get would be a cornering tip and one with a forward tip thanks for your time

Re: Jetter nozzle size help

you will probably be using 4gpm tips and it would be a good machine for sink lines maybe if there are not a lot of turns. Go look up aqua mole . com he will make you the best tips for your set up. If you had just a little bigger set up you could use the ridgid root ranger and have some success against roots though slow.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

thanks will check them out is there anybody with this kinda setup?? what are the pro's and con's of a machine this size?

Comment

2500psi will hardly pull the skin off a rice pudding! But, you will be able to clear light grease and debris deposits form pipes up to 3" with a 3/16" hose. We sell an electric jetter that works with 2.5gal/m and only 2000psi. We use a 1/8" 20m whip hose with a 6R1F compressor nozzle.

It is not going to be a root cutter.

Make sure you don't use a long hose to keep the pressure drop at a minimum. Try 100' of 3/16" hose with a 6R1F nozzle jetted to suit your specs.

Good luck!
        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Another option if you would like the nozzles drilled to a specific pressure and flow you can also call Arthur Products. This company drills all their nozzles to customer specification. Also for someone starting up in the industry, they have a great selection of nozzles and kits. We have used this company for 10 + years. They also have hose available if you need it. Good luck on your new endeavor.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmann44 View Post
            thanks will check them out is there anybody with this kinda setup?? what are the pro's and con's of a machine this size?
            pros are you can find out how effective jetting is, cons are its kind of an in between size; too small for 3" and 4" lines, ok for 1 1/2 or 2" but it sounds like it's gas, not electric, so it'll be a bit of a pain for sinks and stuff as it'll have to sit outside. with a smaller electric you could bring it right in to where you are working and not have to sling hose through the building.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
            X