X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two new drain vans no license

Guy has a buss. ,and personal name on his two trucks. Sharp clean set up. Buss. name is listed elsewhere under Cont. Lic Bd. not in this area,not under thatpersonal name.
    Does Ca. require a c-36 for drain and sewer cleaning? Not out to bust this Guy,just curious
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Two new drain vans no license

C-36 is not required for drain cleaning, but problem is most drain cleaners do repairs and replacements.

Comment

We don't have any drain cleaners up here, I'm pretty much it. I consider drain cleaning part of plumbing and I'm a full service plumbing contractor, with a C-36, bond, and lnsurance. What we do have up here are the handyman guys that advertise with a handyman license number,giving them the appearance of a legitimate business, and they can do anything without a real license. Homeowners don't know the differance, so they survive.
      The Other Rick

Comment

$500.00 limit labor and material without a license.

can't technically remove a toilet or a trap.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.

You're right Rick, but do you really think they honor that, you know they don't.
          The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
            As long as removing the toilet or trap doesn't cost 500, he's good. I just asked a question about this to the state board and that's what I was told. Here's the weird part: you don't need a license to do draincleaning in CA, BUT by state law, consumers don't need to pay unlicensed contractors for work they did. It's almost as if the state board doesn't talk to each other when the regulations were made.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              As long as removing the toilet or trap doesn't cost 500, he's good. I just asked a question about this to the state board and that's what I was told. Here's the weird part: you don't need a license to do draincleaning in CA, BUT by state law, consumers don't need to pay unlicensed contractors for work they did. It's almost as if the state board doesn't talk to each other when the regulations were made.

However, because a drain cleaner is NOT a CONTRACTOR you would still have to pay him. Now once he goes over the $500 limit, he would become an unlicensed contractor. In that case, the courts could not enter a judgement in his favor if he took you to court.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

In Oregon you can demo but to install a toilet or sink you need a licensed plumber. We also have the same $500 limit.

Comment

Anyone know the NYS drain cleaning laws?
                  Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                  New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

...here in Texas you cannot pull a p-trap or a toilet or even plunge a commode unless you are a "Licensed Plumber"..or working as an apprentice "under the supervision" of a Master Plumber.....hell i once had to pay a $2,000 fine and a year later i paid a $2,500 fine(additional $500 for not correcting it the FIRST time(lol)"..the charge was "operating a Plumbing Business without liscense"....if we were as easy as Cali or Oregon and could have a drain-claening company as long as the bill doesnt exceed $500,then i would have never become a licensed Plumber in which i now am. Even though i am licensed, i agree with Cali and others that as long as you are just "cleaning drains"....you really shouldnt have to be a 'licensed plumber'...all i do is drain-clening,camera inspection,hydrojetting..and all of my cleaning tickets are under $500. But now since im lincensed i am slowly venturing into some plumbing like water-line replacements(using Pex)...and water line repairs(love those shark-bites!!!!)...for the Journeyman Plumbing test here they make you do every dam thing solder,cpvc,glue pipe,brazing,silver soldering,thread pipe,measure off-sets,etc!!!!!!..and you even have to rough in the drain-waste-vent system for a two story building!!!...DAM!!!!!!....but I had to learn it......this is how i eat!!

Lonestar

Comment

i CAN TELL BY YOUR TONE THAT YOUR NOT BITTER, ARE YOU...i GREW UP IN A SERVICE SHOP. BECAUSE THE TOWN I OPERATE IN WENT TO JETTING SEWERS FOR FREE , WE HAD TO EVOLVE, OR GO UNDER.MEN IT NEVER CHANGES WE FIGHT UNLICENSED HACKS HERE FOR YRS, TO NO AVAIL.

Comment

Anyone know the NYS drain cleaning laws?
                        2007 NYS Plmbg Code
                        http://www.bookmarki.com/2007-Plumbi...1580015783.htm
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by plumber rick View Post

Can't technically remove a toilet or a trap.

Rick.
                          the restrection on toilet,traps, is a l.a. City requrement
                          not in the rest of calif !

The $ 500.00 is also not appliaded to drain cleaners because they are not adding to the value of house or changeing
                          the housing stucture or physacal properties of the house or
                          building they are working on !
                          JERRYMAC
                          E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                          CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                          FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                          SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

our Journeyman test was a 100 question multiple choice exam
                            the sad part is the number of people that fail it multiple times.
                            i'm stuck waiting to take my masters now.

Originally posted by lonestardrain View Post
                            ...here in Texas you cannot pull a p-trap or a toilet or even plunge a commode unless you are a "Licensed Plumber"..or working as an apprentice "under the supervision" of a Master Plumber.....hell i once had to pay a $2,000 fine and a year later i paid a $2,500 fine(additional $500 for not correcting it the FIRST time(lol)"..the charge was "operating a Plumbing Business without liscense"....if we were as easy as Cali or Oregon and could have a drain-claening company as long as the bill doesnt exceed $500,then i would have never become a licensed Plumber in which i now am. Even though i am licensed, i agree with Cali and others that as long as you are just "cleaning drains"....you really shouldnt have to be a 'licensed plumber'...all i do is drain-clening,camera inspection,hydrojetting..and all of my cleaning tickets are under $500. But now since im lincensed i am slowly venturing into some plumbing like water-line replacements(using Pex)...and water line repairs(love those shark-bites!!!!)...for the Journeyman Plumbing test here they make you do every dam thing solder,cpvc,glue pipe,brazing,silver soldering,thread pipe,measure off-sets,etc!!!!!!..and you even have to rough in the drain-waste-vent system for a two story building!!!...DAM!!!!!!....but I had to learn it......this is how i eat!!

Lonestar
                            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
                            X