X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter hose quick connect to warthog?

I use both the root ranger and warthog for root cutting but lately I'm finding I can't be bothered screwing off the quick connect and screwing on the warthog. Does anyone use quick connects with the warthog? I understand it will make it longer and therefore less manuverable but it will make it quicker to fit and more likely to get used.

All of my other nozzles are quick connects including the root ranger and it is so much easier and quicker to just pop one off and click on the root ranger. Having said this I have lost one penetrating nozzle so far down a drain where I think I must have been rushing and the fitting hadn't fully engaged... I think I would cry if that happened to my warthog!

Re: Jetter hose quick connect to warthog?

Sorry to reply to your question with a question, but why do you use both a Root Ranger and a Warthog for root cutting?

Are you using both in the same drain?

I've never used a warthog, so I don't have an opinion on them, but it seams most claim one or the other.

I'm just wondering, are you finding an advantage to using both? One can do what the other can't type thing?
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

No worries Gene, I bought the warthog as a salesman talked me into it and I have since been very happy with it although the rear jets get blocked more often than I like. The root ranger came with my jetter at the time I purchased it and it has the quick release connector on it.

I don't usually use both on the same job although I have done so if I have struggled with one I'll try the other.

I haven't been jetting long so I am really just trying different things to see what works best in different situations.
      I do feel that if I use the warthog slowly up and back down the line and particularly on earthenware it will do an exceptional job of cleaning the pipe and the pipe joints.

My jetter is 5.5gpm at 5000psi and I think they are both suited well to my setup but I would use the warthog a bit more if it had a quick release connector on it as it just speeds things up a bit.

Comment

i have both and never use a quick connect. the added 3'' of stiffness is not worth it to me.

the warthog requires no user rotation to clean the entire pipe.

drawback is it's much more expensive and requires more maintenance.

the rootranger is a much more aggressive nozzle, but doesn't get to the top of the pipe without rotating the hose. it's less expensive and easier to maintain. plus it pulls good and is easier to size and use on a smaller jetter.

i use my rootranger more than my warthogs now.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I don't use the quick couplers and I know there is a shield to prevent bumping the coupler but I just can't take the chance of losing my warthog. It doesn't take very long to change the heads anyway.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

From what I've gathered here, the Aussies tend to use quick connects, and don't have a problem with them, and like them. I'm in the US. I never see them here, don't use them, and just don't see the point in them... I mean we are talking about 30 sec to a minute of time savings, and I'm just not going to intruduce a point of flow restriction, a point of failure, less manuverability, and a risk of losing a $1k tool for that little bit of time savings.

But if you want one, why not just call up jetter's edge and get one of the ones they use? should screw right in, no?
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

You guys are going to make me want to buy a jetter,,
              one of these days

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                You guys are going to make me want to buy a jetter,,
                one of these days
                but first a k-60

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  but first a k-60

rick.
                  Then you`ll know why the pro`s use K-7500`s
                  Sorry Rick I just had too.
                  http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X