Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Price for drain cleaning

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Price for drain cleaning

    OK now to show you how prices differ in different markets. You got Ace Sewer in Breckenridge, CO charging $370.00 for this job. Here is what I charge in Chicago for the same job.

    Service Call $60
    Labor $160 per hour 2 hrs = $320
    Large Rod Charge $45.00
    Camera Charge $125.00

    Total $550.00

    But there is the thing another shop in my town charges twice that, while there is another shop that is about 50 bucks cheaper, I bet Ace's has the same issue. So like I said to compare your prices to others is not a way to judge if you are charging enough or to much. You must charge enough to cover the costs to run YOUR business and charge accordingly.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Price for drain cleaning

      Why are we so precious about what we charge for our work in telling the so called oposition.

      Tony

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Price for drain cleaning

        Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        OK now to show you how prices differ in different markets. You got Ace Sewer in Breckenridge, CO charging $370.00 for this job. Here is what I charge in Chicago for the same job.

        Service Call $60
        Labor $160 per hour 2 hrs = $320
        Large Rod Charge $45.00
        Camera Charge $125.00

        Total $550.00
        That is way too high of a price in my area. The sad part is some guys will do it for $ 185.00. Prices in my area differ extremely. One shop might do the job for lets say 200. than the shop down the street will do the same job for 600.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Price for drain cleaning

          Originally posted by handybull View Post
          That is way too high of a price in my area. The sad part is some guys will do it for $ 185.00. Prices in my area differ extremely. One shop might do the job for lets say 200. than the shop down the street will do the same job for 600.
          Like I said every area is different, cost of living and cost of doing business is different from state to state county to county city to city. I am about in the middle of the road with my prices. I can not go any lower or I will go out of business.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Price for drain cleaning

            $70 an hour for labor
            $20 bucks more if I use a drain machine
            $170 for the first hour of the jetter "includes an hour of labor"
            $150 for the camera "also includes an hour of labor"

            we're on the lower end of the spectrum in the city. but we're pretty high outside of the city.
            "the difference being that the city requires a plumbing license, the surrounding counties do not"
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Price for drain cleaning

              Originally posted by AFM View Post
              Why are we so precious about what we charge for our work in telling the so called oposition.

              Tony
              Because people look at the bottom line of how much you charge. No one ever ask, how much do you spend? Then they get mad if you charge less then they do because "you're hurting the trade".
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Price for drain cleaning

                Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                Because people look at the bottom line of how much you charge. No one ever ask, how much do you spend? Then they get mad if you charge less then they do because "you're hurting the trade".
                Hi

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Price for drain cleaning

                  Seems like de javu all over again. Have we been here before.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X