Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Price for drain cleaning Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Price for drain cleaning

    Just looking into cost for cleaning drain with roots. Scenario: 120' 4" line, line has roots but not throughout, clean out inside house, k1500 auger, camera after cleaning. Two hours in total cleaning, set up, clean up. What would this cost?

  • #2
    Re: Price for drain cleaning

    Originally posted by Boone Plumbing View Post
    Just looking into cost for cleaning drain with roots. Scenario: 120' 4" line, line has roots but not throughout, clean out inside house, k1500 auger, camera after cleaning. Two hours in total cleaning, set up, clean up. What would this cost?
    Boone, asking what it would cost on the internet is not a valid way to compare prices in your area. Every contractor should be basing their price on the cost to do business in their community. So my prices here in Chicago where housing is very expensive, will be different from a shop in Southern IL where their housing is less than 1/3 of what it costs up here., and another shop say from LA would be different as well. And I am not talking about a few dollars difference, You might hear one guy say$49.94, another say $200, and another say $500.

    Best way to find handle something like that is to talk to other contractors in your community, the prices there will be more real for you as long as the contractor knows how much to charge to cover his costs.

    I get complaints about my pricing once in a while from a customer that has buyers remorse and calls a few other shops and asks them how much they would charge to do the same job I did. Well for one half the time the price shopper failed to tell the shop that it was an after hours job and an emergency. Secondly what Joe's Plumbing charges will be different than what I charge since we both do business differently our expenses will be different. What if Joe's shop is not licensed, bonded and insured. With out them expenses he could do the job cheaper than I do.

    So to answer you question I would charge my A Trip Charge,Hourly rate, a Rod Charge and a Camera charge for the whole job, which I feel is a fare rate for the cost of me to do business in the Chicago land area.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Price for drain cleaning

      [QUOTE=SewerRatz;252465

      So to answer you question I would charge my A Trip Charge,Hourly rate, a Rod Charge and a Camera charge for the whole job, which I feel is a fare rate for the cost of me to do business in the Chicago land area.[/QUOTE]

      same way i do it. they actually get a before and after video so that i know what it looked like and what it looks like after the cleaning.

      rick.
      phoebe it is

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Price for drain cleaning

        Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        same way i do it. they actually get a before and after video so that i know what it looked like and what it looks like after the cleaning.

        rick.
        Yep an before and after video is the way to do it. I normally get the sewer draining, then TV the line, then clear it out properly and the make the final video. Makes for happy customers.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Price for drain cleaning

          Originally posted by Boone Plumbing View Post
          Just looking into cost for cleaning drain with roots. Scenario: 120' 4" line, line has roots but not throughout, clean out inside house, k1500 auger, camera after cleaning. Two hours in total cleaning, set up, clean up. What would this cost?
          SewerRatz hit the nail on the head.
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

          Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Price for drain cleaning

            Thanks for your input, I do a before and after video. I have a hourly plumbing rate plus the equipment charges. It is hard to get common prices, I know what I have to charge to cover my costs. I have had some customers think the price seems high for a two hour call with auger and camera.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Price for drain cleaning

              Originally posted by Boone Plumbing View Post
              Thanks for your input, I do a before and after video. I have a hourly plumbing rate plus the equipment charges. It is hard to get common prices, I know what I have to charge to cover my costs. I have had some customers think the price seems high for a two hour call with auger and camera.
              Anytime you take money from someone it's always to much. In their minds
              Rod
              MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
              Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
              http://unclognh.com
              http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

              Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Price for drain cleaning

                Well the camera system is 10k , snake cables get tweaked or worse bathed in drano, Insurance,bond,auto, Price for a good quality job? Not having to come back next week? Priceless
                Seattle Drain Service

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Price for drain cleaning

                  opcorn:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Price for drain cleaning

                    Originally posted by Boone Plumbing View Post
                    Thanks for your input, I do a before and after video. I have a hourly plumbing rate plus the equipment charges. It is hard to get common prices, I know what I have to charge to cover my costs. I have had some customers think the price seems high for a two hour call with auger and camera.
                    If a custmer does not complain about your prices, then you are not charging enough.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Price for drain cleaning

                      You know You did good,when the customer's Kids are throwing rocks at You Van on the way out!
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Price for drain cleaning

                        agree with ratz; pricing is situational, but for me, in this area, if I do a good job and know I'll not be back in a while,

                        2hrs, camera and main line= $370

                        I'm higher than some, cheaper than most, rarely and only for good reason leave something that will mess the next guy up or require regular attn in my wake... I just throw it back on them; hey I can do this and it's not right but it'll work and you'll need me from time to time, but I'll be available when you do and it's probably, given the situation, better to pay me $x once in a while than paying me $y to make it right, but you decide.
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Price for drain cleaning

                          Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                          agree with ratz; pricing is situational, but for me, in this area, if I do a good job and know I'll not be back in a while,

                          2hrs, camera and main line= $370

                          I'm higher than some, cheaper than most, rarely and only for good reason leave something that will mess the next guy up or require regular attn in my wake... I just throw it back on them; hey I can do this and it's not right but it'll work and you'll need me from time to time, but I'll be available when you do and it's probably, given the situation, better to pay me $x once in a while than paying me $y to make it right, but you decide.
                          Don't give Us 1/2 of it! What's your camera $$, separate?
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Price for drain cleaning

                            Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                            Don't give Us 1/2 of it! What's your camera $$, separate?
                            main line = $210 first hour, $95/hr additional hrs

                            camera = $160 first hr

                            2 hrs on a main line using camera as well as snaking or jetting = $370,
                            if it went longer it'd be at $95/hr for anything after the first two.

                            extra for nights/weekends/holidays and for travel out of regular service area
                            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Price for drain cleaning

                              OH GOD !!!!!!
                              I just got a RAISE......

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X