X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k7500 vs k750, 3800 vs 380

As I understand it, these are essentially identical machines, except the double 0 models have a smaller, geared drive universal motor instead of an induction motor, and have a different 'double' drum which helps prevent cable flipping under load.

as a result, the double 0's will slow down and give a characteristic sound as they torque up, while the single 0's just keep spinning and you have to pay a little more attention to not get in trouble.

Anyone know relative ultimate stall torques? does one style have more guts than the other? does it matter? do they both have enough to trash their cables if you try anyway?

Anyone have a strong preference?
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: k7500 vs k750, 3800 vs 380

The 3800 and the 380 is no comparison. The 3800 hands down is the better machine. The 7500 and 750 are decent machines. I like the 750 due to its slightly smaller foot print, and powers through roots with ease just like the 7500, the one down fall is the lack of an inner drum, but as long as you know how to safely run a drum machine this is a non-issue.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

We have both the 7500 and the 750. Go with the 7500 just for the fact it has the stair climber on it. Your back will thank you. The 750 has a plastic slide surface its not fun getting it back up the stairs, especially if the stairs are concrete or stone.

Comment

Actually I'm looking at the 3800. I want another small machine for 3/8" and 1/2" cable, and like how compact it is and how quick you can pop the drum in and out, makes an easy carry to pop the drum out and carry that in one hand and the machine in the other.

My concern is that it seems maybe a little underpowered for some of what I do with 1/2" cable.... 60' - 80' runs in 4"... I'm not looking for a sink machine, this would be mostly for opening main lines where jetting is not a good option, like a plugged bathroom group in a condo on an upper floor of a buuilding.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
          Actually I'm looking at the 3800. I want another small machine for 3/8" and 1/2" cable, and like how compact it is and how quick you can pop the drum in and out, makes an easy carry to pop the drum out and carry that in one hand and the machine in the other.

My concern is that it seems maybe a little underpowered for some of what I do with 1/2" cable.... 60' - 80' runs in 4"... I'm not looking for a sink machine, this would be mostly for opening main lines where jetting is not a good option, like a plugged bathroom group in a condo on an upper floor of a buuilding.
          Its power is just fine, it will spin the 1/2" cable with ease. Instead of using a motor with a start up capacitor its a direct ac brush type motor which is a much stronger motor.

I also use Spartan 100's with 75' of 1/2" cable they spin the cable out with no troubles at all. The motor on the 3800 is similar to size as the Spartan's, the advantage is the plastic drums do not rust out, and hold a bit more cable which makes rolling up the cable easy.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

See Alex,I told you Ron would be the man.

Comment

Ron is SO the man.

Comment

I like the extra 0 myself...
                I like a machine that talks to me and tells me how hard its working...
                For some reason I don't use up many cables...
                The boss keeps trying to give me a newer machine but...
                I tell him no thanks...
                411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

Working...
                X