Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelf life rootx ?

Five years ,really. What's Your experience,Please. tanks tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Shelf life rootx ?

Keep it in a dry room temperature area and it should be fine.

I have trouble closing sales on RootX, only because the emergency charge to come out and rod a drain is already substantial.

Then trying to remove the mystique of "answer in a can", even though I know quite well it works, is hard to convince to the customer when it comes at a significant price.

So when I buy it, it sits for awhile.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
      Keep it in a dry room temperature area and it should be fine.

I have trouble closing sales on RootX, only because the emergency charge to come out and rod a drain is already substantial.

Then trying to remove the mystique of "answer in a can", even though I know quite well it works, is hard to convince to the customer when it comes at a significant price.

So when I buy it, it sits for awhile.
      Ya need the Irish charm ,Man!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

most of them I open up are chunked up even when not too old. I just crush the chunky bits back into powder... seems to work just fine, but I do do it out side with a mask as it gets dusty and I ain't got not root problems in my lungs that I'm aware of.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I Had a 4 lb jar that was about 10-12 months old. It was my last one and i had to use it. The thing was like a rock!!

I had to hit the jar with a tire iron about 10 times to break it up. It still seemed to Foam up!?

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
            I Had a 4 lb jar that was about 10-12 months old. It was my last one and i had to use it. The thing was like a rock!!

I had to hit the jar with a tire iron about 10 times to break it up. It still seemed to Foam up!?
            Had it been mixed up already?
            411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

No, but is was on the van the whole time!

it went throught tempatures -10 deg to 90 deg. I think that had a lot to to with it!

Comment

This is a known issue we have been working on for about a year now. The cause is usually a premixture of the two components that causes RootX to coagulate. You will see what some describe as mold (it is not mold but a chemical reaction) or a clumping. It does not affect the application but understadable makes it more difficut to mix. We do have a perminant resolution in the works right now to make the mixing process easier and prevent this from happening.

Remember that RootX is not a drain opener, it's a preventative maintinance used with your Ridgid snakes or Ridgid jetting equipment. You open the clog first, then apply RootX to prevent damage to the pipe and further root growth. RootX is a once year application so it's great to use your ridgid See Snake before and after. I would even suggest snakeing the line out after the first year to break off any dead roots that may still be in the line before the second application. RootX is not ment to take the place of using your Ridgid equiment but to be used with it.

I hope this has cleared up some questions.

Dan Lawrence

Comment

Why not just place the two components in plastic bags or actually separate the two within the tub/jar?

Never mind, I just figured it out! PM me your # and I will give you the solution, but I want a free case of rootX
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

[QUOTE=Gene Bickford;253548]Why not just place the two components in plastic bags or actually separate the two within the tub/jar?

I am not supposed to say anything but

That's the plan.

Comment

Working...
                    X