X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole house drain scouring

Just did a sink blockage clear and scour. 1959 circi plumbing $120.00 Suggested I scour all the lines, another $250.00 ,She said fine. I will start suggesting this for many of My remodel Cust. Now the question. What is the BEST sequence of rodding? I want to do the best job I can for My customers. Tank's Tool Ps I have a general Maxi rooter, ridgid K-375 with 1/2"
    cable, General Super Vee, with 3/8s and 1/4" most of My custs. have C.I. AND GALVY DRAINS Tanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Whole house drain scouring

Is there a jetter somewhere in that "Tool" list.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      Just did a sink blockage clear and scour. 1959 circi plumbing $120.00 Suggested I scour all the lines, another $250.00 ,She said fine. I will start suggesting this for many of My remodel Cust. Now the question. What is the BEST sequence of rodding? I want to do the best job I can for My customers. Tank's Tool Ps I have a general Maxi rooter, ridgid K-375 with 1/2"
      cable, General Super Vee, with 3/8s and 1/4" most of My custs. have C.I. AND GALVY DRAINS Tanks Tool
      I'm all for extra work Tool, but I think your going to get in trouble!!!!!!
      If your customers have galvanized and it is flowing fine I say leave it alone. It will be hard to explain why a drain that was draining fine, now has a leak in it because you augured it. PVC or ABS go ahead. Metal pipe leave alone unless it has trouble. Just my opinion

Comment

Like i tell my mom
        If its not stopped up don't let him clean it out

Comment

tool. i have a k-38 very similar to a super vee (but better looking). i use 5/16" x 50' general cable with cutters. i like the arrow head for galy. which cutters do you use with the 3/8" cable. i bought the 5/16" because drainbrain kids recommended it. supposedly works thru tight spots better. have you used it? if so how does it compare to 3/8"? thank you. breid..............

Comment

tool, like adam said, where's the jetter?

the only true way to "scour" your lines are with water.

a snake and cutter is only as good as the the size cleanout and blades you're using.

a jetter will clean a 4'' pipe from a 1.5'' opening.

old galvanized is very difficult to clean like new. a jetter will do all that's needed for preventative cleaning.

a snake is only as good as the size cutter you can navigate.

snakes are great for stoppages. jetters are better for preventative cleaning.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I listen to You Guys. I need a jetter for 2" and SMALLER. What should I buy?
              PS I have two pressure washers about 3000 psi gas. tanks tool
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

tool, for 2'' you want to watch the volume of water to prevent too much blowback. especially indoors.

3000 is fine, but 4 gpm inside of 2'' can get excessive for 2''. in this case lower the rpm and it lowers the gpm. along with psi.

also a forward nozzle will help prevent blowbacks.

a 6.5hp. 2500 x 3 gpm is fine for 2''.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                  I'm all for extra work Tool, but I think your going to get in trouble!!!!!!
                  If your customers have galvanized and it is flowing fine I say leave it alone. It will be hard to explain why a drain that was draining fine, now has a leak in it because you augured it. PVC or ABS go ahead. Metal pipe leave alone unless it has trouble. Just my opinion
                  The tub in particular is SLOW. I have a similar Eichler home in the area. Never had a problem using 2 blades to clean up grease ! Based on Your logic We wouldn't be snaking lines with cables! Jetters wern't always around. That said Isee an add on for My pressure washer,Will get it and post later. Offto work. Tanks again All Tool

Comment

I listen to You Guys. I need a jetter for 2" and SMALLER. What should I buy?
                    PS I have two pressure washers about 3000 psi gas. tanks tool
                    I asked Ace Sewer/Alex the same at the Roundup.Gotta sweet little 'lectric
                    I'm surprised you didn't ask him while you had the....Oh,that's right,you didn't go.

Comment

Re: Whole house drain scouring . I do listen!

Conversion Kit ,power washer to jetter, Amazing machenery. Looks like a good reasonably priced option. Ready to pull the trigger. Anyone have one? I'll buy the 100 ft. one. 100 FT. HOSE , REEL , 3 NOZZLES , VALVE ECT. $299.00 I already have the power washer !
                      Last edited by toolaholic; 09-23-2009, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Conversion Kit ,power washer to jetter, Amazing machenery. Looks like a good reasonably priced option. Ready to pull the trigger. Anyone have one? I'll buy the 100 ft. one.
                        Talk to Alex before you do any trigger pullin there Hoss.

Comment

Tanks Adam, I will PM Alex. Some weekend I'll head South.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                            talk to alex before you do any trigger pullin there hoss.
                            sold!

Comment

Working...
                            X