X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold water jetter cutting soap scum

Anybody hook up to the customers water heater tank Bibb to help cut soap and grease?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: cold water jetter cutting soap scum

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Anybody hook up to the customers water heater tank Bibb to help cut soap and grease?

na

Comment

Originally posted by ozplumb View Post
      na
      na ????
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

That water is too hot. The burner should go after the pump. The valves on those thing all ways look like hell, rusty. What about all the rust and hard water stuff in the bottom of the tank.

Comment

a few problems.

#1 the bibb at the bottom is a drain bibb. meaning all the dirt and debris will be there to plug your pump.

#2 the bibb will be hot until you start to draw water. then it will cool as new water will enter and be at the bottom of the tank.

#3 most pumps are not designed for hot water.

#4 soap is easily cut with cold water.

#5 where's the beef

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Ditto the above posts except that some pressure washer pumps like Generals are rated for relatively hot water I think 160 degrees,also some pressure washer pump mfg's make hot kits (packing kits) for pressure washer pumps to be able to withstand hot water.this pertains to pressure washer pumps,I am not sure about high end jetter pumps. I think you posted in another post you were using a converted pressure washer.

Comment

I hook on hot supplies pretty commonly; helps with grease, also nice for me now that winter is back as a good hot supply job in the am keeps the machine from freezing all day. Water heater drains are a bad way to do it though as you get all the crap out the bottom of the heater and it lodges in the pump's check valves. Best is a slop sink cos you can add cold as you like to get temp you want and/or add cold to add flow so you dont starve the pump, second best is a wash machine supply. most pumps are good to around 160f.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                na ????
                sorry tool i thought it a good question but its about jetting with hot water from the hws usually because the hws is down the service side of the house which means easy access.
                na is just lazy for no. nope. etc too tired the other night to write any more than that
                good question though
                cheers oz

Comment

Working...
                X