X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Pvc sewer Pipe question

Is it Possible or has anyone out there ever broke a Pvc sewer pipe trying to unclog using a cable machine ?
    My opinion is if a newer construction ( New enough to have pvc sewer pipe ) Backups up in the first place there is something wrong with it, new pipes should not clog.

Re: Broken Pvc sewer Pipe question

incorrect. new pipes will and can backup, depending on diet do work every 6 months at a 5000 sq ft home with 2 adults 2 children. every 6 months it is all geese and sludge. "very heavy geese veggie vegan diet"

I jet clean and like clockwork every 6 months do it all over again. as far as the pipe it can be broken with a cable machine
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Comment

You can't control what a HO will put in their drain pipes.

As far as a PVC sewer being broken with a drain machine. If it is Sch. 40 pipe, I don't think so. Been running a K1500 for 8 years. O-berg, clay, CI, SDR, PVC. Never a problem.

My previous boss, K1500 for 35+.He cleaned more sewers than you could ever imagine. I asked him the same question a long time ago . His reply, No, but If you did manage to break it, it needed to be dug up anyway.

Comment

3" ABS stacks with a san tee as a clean out , yes a drain machine can break it... heck if you look at it wrong it will break. Other than that never broke a sewer pipe with a drain machine.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I've had too large a blade on my 3/8" cable and smashed up a fitting in an open bsmt ceiling.(1 1/2" pvc) I have had a mainline machine blow through 4" pvc.
          Once.
          It was thinwall pipe not allowed by code here for that.
          I went back after the dig and retrieved the fitting I went through
          and showed the H/O the remnants of the fitting vs. a proper sched. 40 fitting.
          He was no longer mad with us...

Comment

rofl... I love the vegan grease post; I've had more than one tell me 'but I'm a vegearian, it can't be grease'

why do they call it vegetable oil then?
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mpls View Post
              I've had too large a blade on my 3/8" cable and smashed up a fitting in an open bsmt ceiling.(1 1/2" pvc) I have had a mainline machine blow through 4" pvc.
              Once.
              It was thinwall pipe not allowed by code here for that.
              I went back after the dig and retrieved the fitting I went through
              and showed the H/O the remnants of the fitting vs. a proper sched. 40 fitting.
              He was no longer mad with us...
              prefferd your other girl mpls!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                3" ABS stacks with a san tee as a clean out , yes a drain machine can break it... heck if you look at it wrong it will break. Other than that never broke a sewer pipe with a drain machine.
                Poster asked if you could break a "PVC sewer pipe". National Standard Plumbing code defines "sewer" as beginning 3' outside the building. The lowest portion of drainage piping inside the building is the "Building drain" .

Maybe I didn't realize what he was asking?

Comment

We've fixed alot of PVC sewer lines that a rookie drain cleaner has went through. A perfect example is a new construction house that someone let concrete or a chunk of wood go down the line. It gets to a fitting and gets hung up, drain cleaner comes in and gets up to the blockage and goes right through the fitting.

Comment

Working...
                  X