X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warthog question?

I searched the forum and still wondered if a 3/8 Warthog will open a line with roots in it. I was thinking 8 gpm at 3500 psi. I know every job is different. Do you try to jet first and then if it dosent open, get out the K60. We have had good luck with the bigger jetter opening lines. I would like to limit the number of tool on site, loading and setting up. How far will 3/8 go with these numbers over, 200 ft?

Re: Warthog question?

Every one I know that uses the Warthog or Root Ranger have had great success in clearing lines with roots. I know there are guys on here that will only jet the lines for roots to clear them every time. I would use it as a tool in my business to give the customer options. I can snake out your line with the K-60 for $XXX or we can jet the line for $XXX and these are the benefits of each and let them know if you have some sort of guarantee on each option.

Comment

I run a 3/8 wart hog at 9.5 gpm 3500 psi and it cuts roots better than anything else out there, how far it will pull its self depends on the type of pipe your inn.

Comment

the warthog will work fine at your numbers. the distance pulled would depend on a few factors.

the pipe material. the hose size and material, the amount of turn and the fall of the pipe.

a rootranger with rear nozzle only will pull farther. drawback is you need to rotate the hose to cover the top of pipe. it's also a more aggressive cutter.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I use the 3/8 Warthhog off 1/2in hose pretty much every day with a camera in the line to watch it cut out the roots. It hasnt let me down in 7yrs!!! I love the Hog!!
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

what they said.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
              I use the 3/8 Warthhog off 1/2in hose pretty much every day with a camera in the line to watch it cut out the roots. It hasnt let me down in 7yrs!!! I love the Hog!!
              Jumpin' Geehosephats.
              Look who's back from their worldwide tour.

Hello Greg.How you been?

Comment

Yesterdays warthog job,
                home had outside cleanout, camered drain, 4"concrete pipe 110 feet (33 Joints) to the main. drain had roots in 19 of the 33 joints, ran wart hog down drain working 3 foot sections at a time got to the city main shut off jetter re camered all the roots were gone total time on job site 1 hour 25 minutes this included waiting 20 minutes to fill tank and another 5 to winterize my jetter, my opinion is the wart hog is theee best nozzle out there for roots.

Comment

i thought you liked the root ranger? which do you prefer more?
                  the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
                    i thought you liked the root ranger? which do you prefer more?

here's my take on the 2.

i have the 1/2'' and 3/8'' warthog.

i also have a 1/4'' 4gpm and 1/2'' 12 gpm rootranger.

between the warthog and rootranger. the rootranger is a more aggressive root cutter. problem is there is no standard front jet. i only need the front jet if the line is packed with roots and plugged.
                    also the rootranger requires rotating of the hose to get to the top of the line where the roots are. it requires a twisting motion.

good news is the rootranger is much less expensive and requires very little maintenance. it also will operate on lower gpm than a warthog.

i size up the job and pick the nozzle that i feel is going to work the best for the job. sometimes it's the warthog, sometimes it's the rootranger.

remember the warthog requires more gpm to operate.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Have you ever plugged the front jet? does it allow the warthog to work with less gpm? or pull farther down the line or allow you to use longer lengths of hose more effectively? - just curios - Bryan

Comment

And I thought this thread was going to be about the A-10.
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bdp View Post
                          Have you ever plugged the front jet? does it allow the warthog to work with less gpm? or pull farther down the line or allow you to use longer lengths of hose more effectively? - just curios - Bryan
                          plugging the front jet works great to get a harder pull. problem is when you have a stoppage/ roots and need to cut through them. you're not fighting the back pressure of the front jet.

i keep 1/8'' brass and stainless plugs with me just for that reason.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Sorry Bob, didn't mean to hijack the thread - Thanks for the tip Rick

Comment

will a warthog work on a small jetter ? 2500 psi 3 gal per minutes 1/4" line ??
                              If so ,who sells it , please ?
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                              X