Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked up my new screwdrover nozzle today...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up my new screwdrover nozzle today...

Picked up my new screwdriver nozzle today....very happy, inside 20mins and with a little help from the root ranger I pulled out this 7m long root mass from a 90mm storm water pipe.
    Attached Files

Re: Picked up my new screwdrover nozzle today...

That's great but did the screwdriver nozzle do?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      That's great but did the screwdriver nozzle do?
      What the screwdriver did was rip through the side of the root mass quicker than any of my other nozzles would have and thats for sure.
      That done it made heaps of room for the root ranger to do its bit.
      In under 20mins I think its the quickest blockage I've cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by epc View Post
        what the screwdriver did was rip through the side of the root mass quicker than any of my other nozzles would have and thats for sure.
        That done it made heaps of room for the root ranger to do its bit.
        In under 20mins i think its the quickest blockage i've cleared.
        wow adam ,that's bigger and faster than rick's root wad!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          wow adam ,that's bigger and faster than rick's root wad!
          adams been bugging me to put the video youtube. i'll have to spend the time to edit a section and show what a 1/2'' rootranger can do. also show how to guide a jetter back up a comby against the flow. with a camera and a second set of eyes, anything can be done

p.s it was a 6''/ 150mm line with roots covering 90% or more of the line serving 6 large homes.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I have used my screw driver nozzle a 10 times now not 100% sure if it works any differently to my other nozzles .
            I look forward to any info on this nozzle.
            Regards
            Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Plumber Greg View Post
              I have used my screw driver nozzle a 10 times now not 100% sure if it works any differently to my other nozzles .
              I look forward to any info on this nozzle.
              Regards
              Greg
              The nozzle will work like any normal nozzle until you hit a really tough blockage. Each time you twist the hose you can feel the screwdriver tip cutting into the roots. We can make a batch for the US if you guys want to keep up with us downunder!

Rick, did you change the thread to npt?
              Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
              Albert Einstein

Comment

The reason you pulled the large root tail out is because of the unique 'U' shaped nozzle. A Warthog won't pull a long root tail out!

Don't get me wrong, the 'U' shaped head can get an inexperienced operator into trouble too!

We are making a short u-tube clip on "Using the Root Ranger Successfully". This will save some tears!
                Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post
                  The nozzle will work like any normal nozzle until you hit a really tough blockage. Each time you twist the hose you can feel the screwdriver tip cutting into the roots. We can make a batch for the US if you guys want to keep up with us downunder!

I am going away for a week or so and when I return I will use the screwdriver on a difficult blocked storm water drain I have worked on before and have plans to dig up and replace. I have put the camera down and I know its a bad root blockage so it will be a good test.

This is for a customer I do a lot of work for and is going to be more for my benefit than his so I can test out the screwdriver and my other equipment better.

I will post my thoughts on it again after that but I expect it will work well.

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post

yes i did. pretty simple when you have a friend with a collet to secure it in the lathe to hand tap it. 1/4'' bsp and npt are real close anyways.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                    X