I/8" or i/4" jetter hose for small lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I/8" or i/4" jetter hose for small lines

I don't do much drain cleaning , but like having the Equept. when I need it.
    I'm about to buy a conversion kit for My power washer. One choice is 50 ft.I'd go 1/8" on this reel. another is 100' of 1/4" My intent either way is for inside small lines [ 1 1/2" and
    2"] slimmed up lines. I/8"- trap entry , 1/4" - vent entry . And thank's again Jerry Mac ,for all Your phone help! Thanks Tool
    I have 3 cable machines also.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: I/8" or i/4" jetter hose for small lines

I cant say enough good things about exitflex's dp1.3 hose.

sold by harben (they call it 'micro mini') and by (i think) us jetting.

expensive but much better hose than the stainless braided stuff; nice and slick with it's plastic/vinyl/whatever it is covering, and the copper braid is just the right stiffness. perfect for 2" and smaller. will do a 2" trap easily in cinh, abs, pvc. will do most tub traps, which I've had a rash of cinh tub drains full of cast iron grit lately.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

which kit 20 or 50?
      the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
        which kit 20 or 50?
        Amazing machinery model# covkit-01 50ft ,reel , valve. nozzles $139
        covkit-02 100ft hose reel valve 3 nozzels $299
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

ordered the cheapo

Comment

I ordered a conversion kit from amazingmachinery.com Got 100' 1/4 inch hose, hose reel, 3 nozzles, and a bag of fittings to make it all connect. There were extra fittings just to make sure they had all bases covered. I was confused about all the extra fittings and thought I was doing something wrong. A call to them answered all questions. I am very happy with the equipment and the performance.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              ordered the cheapo
              changed it to the 100 ft. set up Mon!

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                changed it to the 100 ft. set up Mon!
                Arrived today. Pleasantly surprised, GREAT quality! Will play with it next Sun.

Comment

Did you have a change to "play with it"?
                  What do you think, good purchase or ???
                  I really am impressed with the mine, I think we got the same kit.

Comment

Folks,

The normal GPM flows (1.3 GPM or more) and hose lengths (25 feet or more) needed for pressure washer sewer jetting will create a pressure buildup in a 1/8" hose that will overload any ordinary pressure washer.

Water will only intermittently flow through a 1/8" jetter hose as the pressure washer unloader valve cycles off an on.

A pressure table for various diameters of 100 ft. sewer jetter hose is at http://www.sewerjetgazette.net/press...r-jetter-hose/. You can get the pressure drop, say, for a 200 ft. length by doubling the PSI values in the table.

Unless you're OK with your pressure washer unloader valve cycling at a high rate and a shortened service life for your machine, consider using a 3/16" or 1/4" jetter hose and avoid 1/8" line.

- Paul D. (www.ClogHog.com)
                    Last edited by PaulD; 01-17-2010, 05:48 AM. Reason: Link to Better Jetter Hose Pressure Drop Data

Comment

spam!!!
                      the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Working...
                      X