Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: another jetter thread

Originally posted by leak1 View Post
    ive been cleaning sewers for over 30 yrs., i just got my first jetter about 1 mth. ago. sat. i was called on a sewer job at the city municipal building,4in. castiron 100ft. i ran the sewer cable in & out 2 times and then jetted 2 times. my question is to you seasoned jetters is: after i jetted and pulled out i ran the camera thru and i still have alot of scale on the bottom of the pipe that needs pushed out! i have a kj3000 what head would i use to push the scale out into city main?
    I don't think a KJ 3000 has the power to descale but I could be wrong.

I wonder if they make a chain knocker jetter head for the KJ

Comment

Get a flusher nozzle to flush the pipe on the last run.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by leak1 View Post
        ive been cleaning sewers for over 30 yrs., i just got my first jetter about 1 mth. ago. sat. i was called on a sewer job at the city municipal building,4in. castiron 100ft. i ran the sewer cable in & out 2 times and then jetted 2 times. my question is to you seasoned jetters is: after i jetted and pulled out i ran the camera thru and i still have alot of scale on the bottom of the pipe that needs pushed out! i have a kj3000 what head would i use to push the scale out into city main?
        here's the issue. the jetter is propelled downstream by the rearward force of the nozzle jets. your jetter is putting out 4gpm. you're drawing the sludge and grit back at you, yet the amount of water flowing back downstream is not enough to wash it down.

1 simple, but not always feasible way to fix this, is to run your jetter upstream. usually easier said than done. simple from manhole to manhole. difficult from a normal cleanout. unless you have a straight run with no wyes or combies, this can be tricky. or a downstream c/o and pull a rope back. then the jetter hose can be pulled upstream and back jetted to wash the grit down.

another way to attempt is to break up the sludge and grit with the jetter. then use large flow from the fixtures and garden hose to help wash it down while you jet to stir it up again.

not a simple task with a small jetter.

lots of trick, but not always a simple task.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

another method is a 'reverse'. good for when you have a downstream access (like a manhole) that you cannot jet upstream from due to junctions (like getting into a service from the main)

jet in from upstream utill your nozzle comes out to some access where you can retrieve it

disconnect your nozzle from your hose, and your hose from your jetter,

put the nozzle on what was the jetter end of the hose,

pull the hose on through, pulling the what was the nozzle end out the down stream access until you pull the nozzle (now on the other end) backwards into the system through the upstream access you originally jetted into

Hook what was the nozzle end of the hose up to the jetter

Then fire up and you are all set to make a slow pass blowing all the loose stuff down stream as you pull the nozzle out
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
          X