Dan, Root X question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan, Root X question.

Does Root X have any adverse reaction to the bacteria in the septic tank?
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Re: Dan, Root X question.

Wait for Dan's answer to be 100% but I 'm pretty sure I remember It being safe to use on septic lines and in the tank.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

The website says "safe for the septic system" but does that include the biology inside the tank, or just the tank and related components?

Comment

Dan says " SOO SAFE I BRUSH MY TEETH WITH IT ! "
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

he will also eat it in Orange........ to bad i won't see that!
          the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
            Does Root X have any adverse reaction to the bacteria in the septic tank?

Yes, it is safe to use in a septic tank and actually one of the surfactants is a salt base that bacteria feed off of to help promote a faster break down of root tissue. The reason for that is the herbicide used in RootX will kill the roots but it does not dissolve or eat them away like an acid so it was formulated to promote the bacteria to help break down the dead tissue faster.

Thank you for the question

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                Dan says " SOO SAFE I BRUSH MY TEETH WITH IT ! "

I usually put it on my cornflakes in the morning.

All joking aside RootX is still an herbicide and you want to follow the "Personal Protective Equipment" information and the "Safety Recommendations".

Also as mentioned earlier as RootX is safe to use in a septic tank. The correct wording on that should be RootX is accepted to be used in septic tanks except in the state of Florida where no chemical of any kind is accepted for the use in a septic tank.

Just covering my
                Small Print:
                Yeah, I had to say that so I don't get in trouble with the EPA.

Comment

Spoke with Dan on the phone the other day about RootX. Very knowledgable and helpful. I appreciate Dan's disclaimer about 0 chemicals going into the septics here in Florida. Kind of funny when you hear about what the average homeowner dumps in there. As a newly licensed plumber, I don't get much in the way of drain calls yet. It's something I've got to make clear to my potential customers that it's something we do. Unfortunately, the root call I got bailed. Disappointed, but: In a real bad part of town, and the caller was the homeowner. However, he wasn't in town, he called on behalf of his renters. I'm not turning down any jobs/money right now, but those landlord-renter calls can be messy. Maybe for the best. Nice talking to a forum member; especially one who knows what he's talking about. Thanks, Dan!

Comment

Originally posted by richinflorida View Post
                    Spoke with Dan on the phone the other day about RootX. Very knowledgable and helpful. I appreciate Dan's disclaimer about 0 chemicals going into the septics here in Florida. Kind of funny when you hear about what the average homeowner dumps in there. As a newly licensed plumber, I don't get much in the way of drain calls yet. It's something I've got to make clear to my potential customers that it's something we do. Unfortunately, the root call I got bailed. Disappointed, but: In a real bad part of town, and the caller was the homeowner. However, he wasn't in town, he called on behalf of his renters. I'm not turning down any jobs/money right now, but those landlord-renter calls can be messy. Maybe for the best. Nice talking to a forum member; especially one who knows what he's talking about. Thanks, Dan!

I am humbled by your kind words thank you!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X