X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winterizing small electric jetter

what does everybody else do to winterize small electric jetters ???
    I woke up yesterday morning to snow on the mountain tops, and realized winter is here, and i never had to worry about winterizing my small eelectric jetter before, Just wondering what works best ?

Re: Winterizing small electric jetter

I put a washing machine hose into a jug of -30 windshield washer fluid then run the pump till it comes out of the hose. Never had a freeze up.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

RV outlets have trap anti freeze, safe
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

we use RV antifreeze, dump a jug into the holding tank on our big gas jetter, then run it until it hits the end of the jetter hose.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

what Ron said.

or, if this works for your set up, I keep an old 90wt jug (cause they have the nice nozzle tips which fit mine's inlet perfect) with blue water in it and squeeze til it runs blue.

or, actually, that's what I did before I had my beloved heated indoor parking.

rv anti-freeze=$6/gallon, window washer=$1.39/gallon, and the dogs don't like it.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

move to southern california .

right ben

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

What a Great Idea rick!!!

Comment

I think I would actually miss a real winter. That and frozen piping in older homes is good business for some of us. I really want a propress too for working in those conditions, but I think it's more likely that i'll buy myself a jetsweat kit this winter.
                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Put the Jetter, on a jet to Florida, for the winter
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I run antifreeze through mine gets dam cold up here -50 or more
                    Helps lube the pump too.
                    Rod
                    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                    http://unclognh.com
                    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                      I run antifreeze through mine gets dam cold up here -50 or more
                      Helps lube the pump too.
                      Know what You mean. Had a cold snap here last winter. Got down to 65 F for a whole day!

Of course People were chasing Me around with hatchets,the same day! This is Calif.

Comment

Working...
                      X