X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camera

if Ridged was not around. what camera would you choose? yes this is a bold question. you can pm me if you like. i know Ridged is best. but what if your trying to not break the bank at this time untill you can pay for a Ridged.
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Re: camera

http://www.mytana.com/

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm My S.C.E camera is a piece of But It still works tells me I treat my equipment good to make it last this long. So If I had to pick second other than See Snake. UEMSI because of the price including self level, distance counter and location.
      "BUT" Easycam would be a definite 2nd choice if it had self level and a distance counter would be my choice because I like the self repair and off the shelf monitors.
      Rod
      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
      http://unclognh.com
      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

All of my cameras have been SeeSnake so I really cannot comment on others. What I can tell you is I have seen how SeeSnakes are tested and what they go through before they are shipped out. I have also experienced their customer service and they are second to none. If you spend some time searching the site you will read story after story of those who went non-SeeSnake to save money but ended up not having a usable camera until they upgraded to a SeeSnake.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Just saw a demo of a system made by VIVAX (see attached PDF).
          A friend is considering it, I have tried to point him toward getting
          a demo of a SeeSnake system before he buys.

Since I don't have a SeeSnake, those of you who do please look
          this over and pick it apart or comment about what you like or don't.

Name:  053c86803f7e30d96397b8f3b504aaf2.pdf
Views: 1
Size:  645.8 KB
          Last edited by Bob D.; 10-06-2009, 06:18 PM.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I have been very happy with my RaTech camera and the service. The service is as important as the product quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
              if Ridged was not around. what camera would you choose? yes this is a bold question. you can pm me if you like. i know Ridged is best. but what if your trying to not break the bank at this time untill you can pay for a Ridged.
              I went through this same dilema recently and used this forum to help me make up my mind. Thanks again to all those who helped out. I looked at several cheaper systems and almost went down that path.

In the end I bought the Ridgid colour mini and I'm stoked.
              Money was and is tight but I felt I'm in business for the long haul and I know this equipment will pay for itself...eventually. Also I would have cursed if I went the cheaper option and then found I was replacing it for a ridgid later on and in doing so costing more in the long run.

I suppose what I'm saying is save up some more if you can and get the Ridgid you won't be dissappointed. Good luck.

P.S. my second choice was the Vivax and I know a bloke who has one and is happy with it although I spoke with him last week and it was off getting repairs as it got water in it but that can probably happen to any camera im sure if you aren't carefull.

Comment

Back in the day when I was researching camera systems, the DeepSee SeeSnake was my first choice. My second choice was the Pearpoint systems. They both made great products then. Ridgid SeeSnake still is by far the best system out there when it comes to service and durability, and if Ridgid stopped with the sewer camera systems then I would go to PearPoint.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

So many new camera systems out there now Wish I can play with them all no dealers any where near Northern, NH.
                  When I worked for RR years ago we used See Snake I liked it would buy it in a second if had the money. Started out with this S.C.E camera You know new start up keep spending low see if I can make it. Start during a recession LoL But I'm still here and still growing.
                  Rod
                  MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                  Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                  http://unclognh.com
                  http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

jered, being relatively new to this site you're doing all your research pretty thoroughly sprinter, jetter and camera.

as you can see, not all of us use ridgid only. but we all have nothing bad to say about ridgid well maybe not nothing. but when we find an issue, it gets addressed.

remember this site gets monitored by all the big wigs from ridgid and seesnake technical. not to mention all the end users and regulars

none of us want to spend big money on junk. but when it comes to a piece of equipment as valuable as a sewer camera system. you need to spend good money to get good quality.

if you want junk, come to my shop and i have a few spare cameras sitting on the shelf collecting dust. none of them seesnakes.

or you want quality, i have some used seesnakes and a couple new ones i can part with

you know the old story, you can pay me now, or you can pay me later.

i would rather pay upfront, than to keep paying long after i bought it

remember josh is a seesnake product manager, and the forum administrator. josh and seesnake will not let you down

neither will we

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

new to this site...... i was here before it was cool to be here!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
                        new to this site...... i was here before it was cool to be here!
                        i guess you do go way back

where you been hiding at .06 post per day

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

rad

ratz can correct me if i,m wrong but www.allenjcoleman.com. 1-773-728-2400 has used ridgid cameras. they are honest. breid................

Comment

in the deep dark recesses of your subconscious! i finialy had to get out!!

Comment

Re: rad

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                              ratz can correct me if i,m wrong but www.allenjcoleman.com. 1-773-728-2400 has used ridgid cameras. they are honest. breid................
                              You hit the nail on the head. They do sell off used equipment. I am heading there in the morning to get a rental ProPress I need for a job, I'll check to seer what they got used and post it here later.
                              Last edited by SewerRatz; 10-07-2009, 01:53 PM. Reason: corrected misspoken statement.
                              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                              X