X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kevlar reinforced jet hose?

i have had many troubles with thermo-plastic jet hose(schieffer and piranha) and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with the 'kevlar' jet hose. I was quoted $1,300 for a single 500' piece, which is quite a jump from $710 of the thermo. any thoughts?

Re: kevlar reinforced jet hose?

I use parker 418c in 1/4" and like it very much... I get it too long, get about a year before it gets tore up on the business end, then cut it down and recrimp it, get about another year, then flip it and wear out the other end. i'm guessing about 100 lines/year.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

100 lines? so are you saying you only get 100 uses out of it?
      the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
        100 lines? so are you saying you only get 100 uses out of it?
        Dat's wud I'm feelin'

Comment

re-read it again. with the recrimping and the flipping. 200 uses. for 2 years....

Comment

unfortunately on small line cleaning, it's not feasible to use a leader hose due to the coupling and hangups. on larger pipe and machines, it's very common.

outside drains with dirt, sand, gravel are a killer on hoses and nozzles. it's 1 thing blasting with water against the hoses, it's another thing shooting sand, grit at your hoses.

my favorite small hoses are stainless braided hoses. i get them with stainless fittings and don't worry about rust.

problem is they are expensive and once you nick a braid, they will burst

what size are you looking for. 3/8''-1/2'' id.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

jrad

try 300 in 3 years. breid..................

Comment

ace

my guess is that you get your moneys worth at 300 drains. is it possible to buy the hose even longer and get 400 drains? breid............

Comment

yeah... 300 over 3 years at a random guess... thats like 2 a week, which is probably light... might be 450... I'm guessing and too lazy to check records....

mostly only a few hurt it; iron with a lot of bends, sharp cleanouts in ci verticals, the occaisional exterior c/o bottoming in a san t that I use to go the wrong way in...

even at 300 lines thats $2/line; minimal.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

good news...

Comment

i need the i.d. to be 3/8. almost all lines I clean are old grocery stores with cast. lots of c/o caps broken and running uphill through inlet lines from grease traps. I average 3-4 crimps a month. I have an old green piranha lead and the rest is thermoplastic schieffer hose. I hate it and am trying to get my boss to invest in something more durable. the downtime is wretched!

Comment

Working...
                      X