Clear All

Re: K-60 or K-1500

Can your 1500 do this.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
      Can your 1500 do this.
      Yes, and I can do that with a 1065 as well. I will dig out some pictures.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Just got home from a job. I took the cables outside, loading the van and miss homeowner walked up with the K60. Not going to see that with a K1500.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
          Yes, and I can do that with a 1065 as well. I will dig out some pictures.
          There is a difference between what we can do and what we should do. Your body is a valuable tool to you and if you loose that because you are taking a 140 pound plus cable machine on the roof instead of a 40 pound machine with a 50 pound cage of cable you will not be a happy camper.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            There is a difference between what we can do and what we should do. Your body is a valuable tool to you and if you loose that because you are taking a 140 pound plus cable machine on the roof instead of a 40 pound machine with a 50 pound cage of cable you will not be a happy camper.

Mark
            What I do is I pull the cable out of the Spartan so I am only lifting an empty machine along the my partner hands me the cable end and I load it into the machine as I pull the cable up.

Around here if I have to clean a sewer from a roof, the line is more than likely going to be 200+ feet, which I know the K-60 will not do. Thing is though I no longer will go on a roof to clear a drain. I did that when I was 20 years younger and dumber. Now I tell the home owners going from the roof is to dangerous, we can pull a water closet or install them a proper clean out. I say less than 10% of the homes I have done work in do not have a proper clean out. The others is just a matter of locating where the clean out was hidden.

Back on the issue of safety, just because the make a machine that small and easy to get on a roof does not mean its the safe and right way of doing it. There is the danger of falling off, damaging the roof, the roof is rotten and can not support my weight let alone any rodding machine set up.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
              I tell the home owners going from the roof is to dangerous, we can pull a water closet or install them a proper clean out. I say less than 10% of the homes I have done work in do not have a proper clean out. The others is just a matter of locating where the clean out was hidden.

Back on the issue of safety, just because the make a machine that small and easy to get on a roof does not mean its the safe and right way of doing it. There is the danger of falling off, damaging the roof, the roof is rotten and can not support my weight let alone any rodding machine set up.
              I agree with Ron on the issue of safety. For the rare occasion when I do have to rod a Sanitary branch from the roof or clear a vent stack, I use a K-50 with C-9 cable. I'm not comfortable rodding through roots from the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by DANE View Post
                Just got home from a job. I took the cables outside, loading the van and miss homeowner walked up with the K60. Not going to see that with a K1500.

I wouldn't want to! My insurance agent would have a fit! Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the convenience of the K-60 (weight, size, etc.) just not the right tool for my work (almost all 6" clay sewers with heavy roots, outside clean out 95% of the time).

Comment

Hey Rick,
                  Please post a pic of the timberwolf adapter . I am very intrigued. New to the forums, One man band . Rockville, MD.
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

kid

use advanced search. keyword "5/8" g-cdc". user name "gear junkie". click on "posts" under show results as............... post #14. breid..................

Comment

Working...
                    X