Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Part of the problem Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Part of the problem

    Paying tech on a % of services sold makes the prices sky high. The local techs from the national service around here work like that. Home of the three hundred dollar service call. Its a scam, no wonder homeowner are calling the 49.00 dollar after a super high bill. If I rubed any journeyman plumbers the worng way, be proud if you put in your time to get your card or masters lic. I still think my union training from the BAC was the best there is and proud I finshed it.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Part of the problem

      Ok here are the numbers I ran. You can see that I have included almost every living expense I could think of. It is clear one will not get rich, But they could survive.

      Based on $2000 a month
      $50 a call 10 calls a week 4 weeks a month.
      Phone $ 120
      Liability Insurance $ 55
      Vehicle Insurance $50
      Health/ Life Insurance $ 50
      Tool repair, investment, Maintenance $ 150
      vehicle Repair, Maintenance $100
      Fuel $ 115
      Laundry $ 25
      Hygene $ 25
      Groceries $ 110
      Tobacco $ 40
      alcohol $ 77
      Clothing $ 25
      po box $ 3
      Advertising $ 25
      Credit cards $ 50
      Misc part stock $ 20
      Internet/ Cable $ 65
      Storage space $ 35
      apt rent $ 425

      Grand total $ 1540

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Part of the problem

        I could not or would not want to be in business for that kind of money. It is not worth the extra work, stress, or B.S.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Part of the problem

          Originally posted by handybull View Post
          Ok here are the numbers I ran. You can see that I have included almost every living expense I could think of. It is clear one will not get rich, But they could survive.

          Based on $2000 a month
          $50 a call 10 calls a week 4 weeks a month.
          Phone $ 120
          Liability Insurance $ 55
          Vehicle Insurance $50
          Health/ Life Insurance $ 50
          Tool repair, investment, Maintenance $ 150
          vehicle Repair, Maintenance $100
          Fuel $ 115
          Laundry $ 25
          Hygene $ 25
          Groceries $ 110
          Tobacco $ 40
          alcohol $ 77
          Clothing $ 25
          po box $ 3
          Advertising $ 25
          Credit cards $ 50
          Misc part stock $ 20
          Internet/ Cable $ 65
          Storage space $ 35
          apt rent $ 425

          Grand total $ 1540
          Uh, please tell me where you get health/life for $50/month. I pay twice that every week for my family health insurance, and my employer pays more than that to cover the balance (total about $1000/month). And does that 425 for the apartment include gas/electric? I have been in Northern Indiana and it gets cold in the winter! The insurance looks a little low on the liability side too!

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Part of the problem

            All those numbers are low, 2000 a month would barely cover my phone, advertising and fuel let alone a house payment, food, repairs, insurance,wife, child, internet, cable. etc etc....(let me know where you find health ins for 50 a week around here its 6-700 a month for us self employed.) I figure it costs me roughly 1900 a month just to run my business and im a one man show and all my equiptment is paid for.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Part of the problem

              If I only made $2000 a month I would need more than 77 bucks for beer a month.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Part of the problem

                Originally posted by JTROANOKE View Post
                Uh, please tell me where you get health/life for $50/month. I pay twice that every week for my family health insurance, and my employer pays more than that to cover the balance (total about $1000/month). And does that 425 for the apartment include gas/electric? I have been in Northern Indiana and it gets cold in the winter! The insurance looks a little low on the liability side too!
                the Insurance is a damn good portable policy I had years ago. Not the best coverage but it is something. all utilities are included in the rent. Liability is 1 Million. Good deal when I went thru them for my 2 rental properties and vehicle.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Part of the problem

                  Originally posted by DANE View Post
                  If I only made $2000 a month I would need more than 77 bucks for beer a month.
                  That was for beer or whatever. I myself at that rate would start drinking cheap Vodka on the job. This was just to show that some one could live on that rate. If every one noticed there was no money left for savings or taxes.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Part of the problem

                    I think It is classic bait and switch just like the carpet cleaning $9.99 a room scammers and $99 air duct cleaning scammers.They upsell everything as extra that is part of a normal job,and write up a bill double of what a legit company charges.Every few years the consumer watchdog correspondents on the news expose the bait and switch carpet guys who get called to the little old ladies house for the $9.99 room special and end up writing a $700 invoice by the time the scam is laid out.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Part of the problem

                      Originally posted by handybull View Post
                      Ok here are the numbers I ran. You can see that I have included almost every living expense I could think of. It is clear one will not get rich, But they could survive.

                      Based on $2000 a month
                      $50 a call 10 calls a week 4 weeks a month.
                      Phone $ 120
                      Liability Insurance $ 55
                      Vehicle Insurance $50
                      Health/ Life Insurance $ 50
                      Tool repair, investment, Maintenance $ 150
                      vehicle Repair, Maintenance $100
                      Fuel $ 115
                      Laundry $ 25
                      Hygene $ 25
                      Groceries $ 110
                      Tobacco $ 40
                      alcohol $ 77
                      Clothing $ 25
                      po box $ 3
                      Advertising $ 25
                      Credit cards $ 50
                      Misc part stock $ 20
                      Internet/ Cable $ 65
                      Storage space $ 35
                      apt rent $ 425

                      Grand total $ 1540
                      That was my budget when I was 18. I married at 19 and my budget was never the same again.

                      My mortgage is almost 2k including insurance and property taxes. 2k covers my advertising. 2k covers entertainment. 2k net a day is what I'm happy with, but I haven't seen it steady in a while.

                      Don't get me wrong...I can and will survive this and pick up the pieces of all the hack jobs being done.
                      (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Part of the problem

                        bull is correct. don't forget there 52 weeks in a year not 48. the 4 weeks would be mostly profit. it ain't how i roll. but it would work. i don't want the cheap customers. please. breid..................

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X