X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it finally happened

after 3 years of 0 machine failures, the K-50 decided to not work yesterday. lucky for me there was a 3"CO and i was able to get the K-75 there. a long run upstream but the line got cleared and the HO was happy

the 50 motor would hum but nothing was turning. about 2 weeks ago it make this horrible "gaga" sound and began turning. 1st time for this.

anyway i disassemble it this AM. the motor runs fine but the gear & shaft don't spin. there was a good buildup of gunk but not enough to cause a problem gave it a good spray of LPS-1 and waited a few minutes. the shaft rotated and all was good. shot a dollop of grease into the fittings, put her back together and went to the 1st job of the day. worked like a champ.

i guess it's time to really consider a 60 as a backup to both my 5/8 & 7/8 machines

steve

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: it finally happened

Oh how I hate to get started on a job and the machine won't work. I used to fight my General all the time with the stupid drive mechanism.

I'm glad you got it up and running again.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

I take my K-50 apart every year to clear the gunk and lube up the gears. Never had one fail on me yet.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        I take my K-50 apart every year to clear the gunk and lube up the gears. Never had one fail on me yet.
        that is now the new policy here

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
        X