X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure washer-jetter conversion

Just got a 2.4 gpm 2400 psi gas pressure washer. Looking to get hoses and was thinking of US Jetting Micro jet hose. It's 3/16. Or maybe I should just get 1/8 hose? I plan on using this for 2" and smaller. What kind of hose should I get? Also looking to get some accessories. I already have a foot pedal but here's the other stuff I was thinking of.

-hose reel-Only needs to store 100' or less of hose
    -jumper hose
    -unloader? I have an AR RMW series pump. Do I need an unloader for something so small?
    -hose and nozzles

Looking to get most of this from water cannon but am heavily leaning on the us jetter hose. Anything else I'm missing?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Pressure washer-jetter conversion

ben, the unit better already have an unloader valve. looks like an adjustable pressure regulator.

i would stick with a 1/8'' npt hose with a 3/16'' id.

100' of small hose is easy to wind up on a $10. home depot plastic electrical reel. like used for extension cords.

sounds like a 5.5h.p gas engine.

get nozzles drilled for a #3 max. all rear will do you much better. limit it to kitchen and laundry lines.

rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 10-29-2009, 03:48 AM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

no unloader valve. Here's the pump on it. https://watercannon.com/pc-796-155-a...-rmw2g24p.aspx

So how does hose size get measured? The 1/8 with 3/16 interior has me confused.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

ben, please save your money and buy a better pump. i can't see anyone using a vertical shaft pump.

this pump has a built in relief valve according to the specs.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

http://www.amazingmachinery.com/pres...onversion.html

try this

Comment

Ben, I bought a jetter conversion set up from www.amazingmachinery.com
            Model# covkit-02 $299 It's in My garage,haven't the time to assemble it. Iwas surprised at the Quality.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Guys,

A pressure washer that delivers 2.4 GPM will produce around 770 PSI of pressure drop in 100' of 3/16" jetter line.

This means that you can use a #4.2 custom-machined nozzle (like a 1/8" Aqua Mole that costs around $27) without overloading your pump rated at 2400 PSI.

If you're using a good quality nozzle (like a Suttner nozzle for around $20) you can use a #5.5 nozzle without overloading your machine.

If you're considering a $10 consumer-grade nozzle sold at many online parts stores (typically stamped "CHN") go with a #6.5 or larger size because of looser manufacturing tolerances. This size of nozzle delivers significantly lower cleaning and pulling pressure.

- Paul (www.ClogHog.com)

Comment

I strongly suspect the us jetting hose you mention is exit-flex dp 1.3. Harben sells it also. Great hose. Best I've found for 2" lines.

1/8" refers to the npt thread on (one) of the fittings. The other is a flare fitting. No idea why.

the 3/16" is the hose i.d.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                X