X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet reviews

The other day I was messing around and googled our company name and I found a "review" on yellow pages regarding our company.
    Read the Aug 23 so called "review" in the link below.

http://yellowpages.superpages.com/re...res=true&lrv=1

I found this on Oct 15 and I'm still pi$$ed about it.

The "reviewer", A.K.A competition states, "& is dishonest. Tie your valuables down if you hire this guy."

I've lived rich and I've lived dirt poor, but one thing I've ALWAYS had in life is my honesty and integrity, and I don't take kindly to people questioning it.

I'm pretty sure I know who made this post (perhaps I should buy a septic truck and take ALL your business away. Don't worry I will never buy an excavator. I guess you can continue to dig up lines that don't need to be dug)

Anyway, why is it someone can just make a nameless faceless "review" on these sites? Heck I made two of the same "review" on the same day and they both got posted. I guess when business is slow I'll just "review" myself (anonymously of course) all day long. He11, I may even elect myself BEST DRAIN CLEANER IN THE WORLD!!!

This is obviously is no customer of ours. To date the only complaints I've had in the end are price. One little old lady said it's too much and several others have said it's not enough. Have I ever had to go back to a job due to my mistake? Yes, but in the end I have ALWAYS made sure our customers are happy.

I just don't get why these sites allow anyone to post good/bad info without any recourse on our part. In-fact I don't ever remember giving yellowpages permission to print(if you will) anything about our company.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: Internet reviews

gene, i know the feeling.

a few years back i got a negative review from an ebay seller.

he never shipped the item and i get the negative review. he did that dozens and dozens of times to others too.

i called ebay and complained. they couldn't remove it or him

no problem, you will be begging me to come back and then they did

i doubt that anyone even bothers to read those adds anyways.

don't worry, the bbb is just as crooked too

you probably get most of you work from real referrals and this is better than any blind internet review.

write the yellow page to remove it.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      i doubt that anyone even bothers to read those adds anyways.
      rick.
      I'm with you on that! I wonder how many people actually read/believe those reviews???? I doubt many.

It just bothers me that someone can spew such filth and not be held accountable.

And who knows maybe his "review" caused me to lose only one job. Each and every job I get literally puts food on our table, coats on our kids, fuel in the van, insurance, taxes, etc.....
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Just write a new review under it saying you have never done any work for this person. I see outfits around me on these yellow page review sites giving themselfs reviews. It's pretty easy to see.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

WOW.........That is a very Harsh thing to say about someone.

If feel your pain!!

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me! I had a local township call me to inspect jet and clean city lines. A few lift stations and some forced main. The township had a intern field all the quotes” he didn’t know his head from his A$$.

I ask all types of question he couldn’t answer. I told him when he had more info and specs call me. He never called me… all of a sudden I had a nasty review on merchant circle. I called the town ship and talked to the sani supervisor, he told me they have a different company take care of all the cleaning. And that company hires it out for them as well. Needless to say after a week of calls I was told by the company who I will not name. they will not do sh!t about it. I also found out the intern was the owners son

Just my little story
            Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
            1-920-284-7471

Comment

I smell DUNBAR

Comment

Originally posted by Twicepipes View Post
                I smell DUNBAR

Gene and I get along good, and I gave him some really good advice in a PM when I saw this thread to get that removed.

If they give him an IP address of the one who posted it, that's even better.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

O.K. Dunbar, what did you do?
                  I went to the yellowpages site just now and the review in question is gone

Your like the Robin hood of the internet.

It's not even on the link in the the post

Remind me to never pi$$ you off, I might just disappear off the face of the earth

Comment

Thank you for the call Jerry, I appreciate the kind words.
                    Last edited by Gene Bickford; 10-30-2009, 12:32 AM.

Comment

I THINK WE SHOULD ALL GO ON "GENE'S" LINK AND POST WHAT A GREAT DRAIN CLEANER HE IS AND HOW MUCH WE ALL LIKE AND THINK HE DOES GREAT WORK AT A FAIR PRICE, AND HOW WE WOULD NOT HESITATE TO CALL HIM AND HIS WONDERFUL WIFE CANDY !

SEE HOW MANY DIFFERENT POST WE CAN GENERATE AND POST !

THAT SHOULD SHUT DOWN THE JACKASS WHO POSTED AGAINST HIM ON THE WEB !
                      JERRYMAC
                      E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                      CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                      FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                      SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Working...
                      X