X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Root Ranger.. Im not impressed

It isn't the bends that I have problems with using the root ranger it is seperated joints combined with roots and dirt, wiggle the hose go back and forth twist the hose again and yea it gets thru to the next spot but when it comes time to remove it I go thru double or triple the amount of work to get it back. Where the warthogs rounded shape just cruises around bends and seperations and comes back real easy.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
      It isn't the bends that I have problems with using the root ranger it is seperated joints combined with roots and dirt, wiggle the hose go back and forth twist the hose again and yea it gets thru to the next spot but when it comes time to remove it I go thru double or triple the amount of work to get it back. Where the warthogs rounded shape just cruises around bends and seperations and comes back real easy.
      So would a guy need both?
      What's the minimum GPM for the W/H

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
        Im gonna get some clear pipe stuff it with a cat and see what happens. I think i just need to see it at work.
        I tried a K-7500 with a cat and it works pretty good

http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          So would a guy need both?
          What's the minimum GPM for the W/H
          5 GPM is the min. for the warthog.
          Here is a pretty good price on one
          http://www.advancedworld.com/utility.../?objectID=558

Plus you can plug the front nozzle to get better longer pulls.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I like the fact that the Root Ranger will recover large balls of roots and debris from the line due to the hook shape. On our trucks we only have one Warthog because we don't want our guys to lose them. We have used it for 1 year now and it has had to be repaired twice costing us over $490.
            The Root Rangers are on the rest of the trucks and last on average for 2 years without service. And, they are a third of the price! (Trying not to be biased here!)

They do take a bit of getting used too. We run 3/16" hose, not 3/8" hose. Maybe this is why we don't have trouble with it?

We have a new '4 in 1' nozzle being released in early 2010. Just finishing the patent details now. Will post when done.

Just finishing the new Dual Trailer Jetter you guys helped us to build. Will post photos in a few days to get your final feedback.

Bill
            Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

i already have an idea what that might look like as i was thinking of a 3 in 1 nozzle with mini rr jets.

the rr works great with 3'' cast as i don't have to rotate it in 3'' like i do in 4''.

rick.
              Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 12-15-2009, 12:14 PM.
              phoebe it is

Comment

anyone having doubts about the root rangers power and access to 3'' cast/ no hub.

click here for the proof http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ht=root+ranger

the rr is the most agressive cutting nozzle out there, period.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  anyone having doubts about the root rangers power and access to 3'' cast/ no hub.

click here for the proof http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ht=root+ranger

the rr is the most agressive cutting nozzle out there, period.

rick.
                  Sooo
                  It won't be to hard for you to decide what to get me for christmas...

My best Buddy

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    Sooo
                    It won't be to hard for you to decide what to get me for christmas...

My best Buddy

i saved the roots and joey has a great soup recipe

better than seaweed soup

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      i saved the roots and joey has a great soup recipe

better than seaweed soup

rick.

Comment

Well then one purchased has worked very well. It does have a learning curve. Once you have figured it out it did what is was meant to do for me and it did it very well… with the exception I went in a 4” clean out and the line was 6-8” pipe outside of the house and it pretzeled up on me 2 times I was shocked to see it. But if I would have known it was a 6-8 pipe I would have used the extender. I was also shocked to be able to retrieve it after it had done a few loopty loops
                        Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                        1-920-284-7471

Comment

hadn't thougt about that... in a big enough line the offset thrust would tend to make it curl over on itself. thanks for the heads up.
                          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I wish someone else would be the tester and buy the double barrel Root Ranger and tell me if it works in 4"
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I wish someone else would be the tester and buy the double barrel Root Ranger and tell me if it works in 4"
                              I wonder if the bigger RootRanger works on a jetter that does 1600 PSI @ 16GPM or so.
                              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

looking at the design of it, it might get tight in the bends.

still not sure if it will do 360 degrees without twisting the hose.

bill, get that nozzle to cover all 360 degrees without rotating the hose and you'll eat the warthog for lunch

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X