Longest Drain Cleaning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Longest Drain Cleaning

a little over 400', spartan 1065, loaded anotehr 100' in the drum on teh way to 500, hit a running trap, bound the cable and cleared when I pulled back.

Lots of work. Lets see a k-60 do 400 plus feet woohaaaaa
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      I keep my 1065 on the truck loaded with the 100' of cable and its 10' anchor. Along with an extra 50' in a cable rand. I also keep a K 1500 on my truck with four rands with five 15' foot sectionals totaling 300'

I do about the same, 100' of 3/4 inner core spartan cable, plus back 10 and leader, another 50 in a carrier and 150' of 7/8" sectional. Now days, if it's over 150, u get a jetter or a cleanout, sorry
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

If you have to go over 200' get a jetter. A jetter does a better job anyway and is safer at those distances. I agree with Robert!

I have gone 250' with a 1065 Spartan but it really takes some time and a lot of work. We carry a 1065 loaded with 125' of .66 at all times with an additional 50ft. in a still new box just in case.
        www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

longest run was just under 200'. K-75 into a 4" PVC with a mixture of sand, plastic bags, grease/oil like sludge, and a few cans. from an old restaurant to the municipal line. they decided to condemn and replace.

opened a FOG blocked line at 150. told the owner it was a band-aid and he needed to think about replacing. no way to jet from downstream and flooding was an imminent danger

roots from about 120-130 on several occasions

most runs are under 75'

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
            If you have to go over 200' get a jetter. A jetter does a better job anyway and is safer at those distances. I agree with Robert!

I have gone 250' with a 1065 Spartan but it really takes some time and a lot of work. We carry a 1065 loaded with 125' of .66 at all times with an additional 50ft. in a still new box just in case.
            The question was what was the longest you ever rodded. Also in some cases where I need to go over 200' the people can not wait for me to get the jetter. So I power rod the line to get it flowing then return later with the jetter to clean up the line.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I had a soft stoppage at 130' that did nothing but clog the retrievers and cutters 10+ out and backs on that one (That was a bad day)

I keep a K-60 with 95' in one basket and 60' in another on the truck

K1500 with 300' of 1 1/4" that is still collecting dust in my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                The question was what was the longest you ever rodded.
                Weired.....I could have swore I answered that question???
                www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                  What is the longest drain you cabled? which machine did you use?

Today a cabled a main 6" clay, 190' with a 1 hp. electric eel. i hit roots at 160' and 175' and it went through it like butter.

Around here you are required to have a c/o every 100' but some of the really old homes do not have that.
                  How long did this take with the electric eel? 130' for me.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

225' with 7500 years ago. and 165' a couple times a year with the k-60

my jetter has reeled off the full 400' of 1/2'' hose on many occasions

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Out in our valley 200' is an every day cleaning. There are a lot of big lots and homes that had septic in the back and are now connected to sewers in the front.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
                        Weired.....I could have swore I answered that question???
                        I am sorry I read your response wrong, and I did not think about it before I typed.. My mind has been side tracked the last few days. My mom is in the hospital and they have her scheduled for heart surgery tomorrow at noon.

I am trying to stay in my normal routine, but I am failing at a lot of things today.

Comment

My mom is in the hospital and they have her scheduled for heart surgery tomorrow at noon.

I wish your mom good luck tomorrow and you get some sleep. it going to be a long day

Comment

Originally posted by where am i View Post
                            My mom is in the hospital and they have her scheduled for heart surgery tomorrow at noon.

I wish your mom good luck tomorrow and you get some sleep. it going to be a long day
                            Thanks Where am I, I am off to bed now.. going to try to sleep...

Comment

Just got home from a 210" 4 " pvc with roots in it, used a torquemaster TM 5800 http://www.coastmanufacturing.com/machines.htm

Comment

GEAR JUNKIE........It took me about 90mins total. It started buy snapping together 80' and just pushing them into the sewer until i could not push any more. the rest i had to run section by section. To pull them out i left them all connected and pulled them all out buy hand. Winding them up was a work out!

Comment

Working...
                                X