• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drain cleaning switch label

this is more of a suggestion, than any thing else,

but why not label the switch "run" "off" and "emergency release"
    rather than the "forward" "off" and "reverse" of current of use,

If an inexperience person is running the machine. I know many think one should run the machine in "forward" to put the cable into the drain, and "reverse" to remove from the drain,

"quote from the k380 manual--
    WARNING Do not allow tension to build up in the cable. This will happen if the cutting tool hits a snag and stops turning, but the motor and its drum continue to rotate.
    Torque builds until the cable suddenly twists,
    potentially wrapping around your hand or arm. This
    can happen quickly and without warning so proceed
    slowly and carefully as you feed the cable into the drain. If tool gets hung up in an obstruction,
    refer to Reverse Operating Instructions in the
    “Special Procedures” section.

Reverse Operation
    Running machine in reverse will cause premature failure of cable. Use reverse only to free a tool caught in an obstruction.
    If this should occur, immediately remove foot
    from air foot switch pedal and allow machine to come to a full and complete stop.
    Place FOR/OFF/REV switch to REV (reverse) position.
    Tighten screw on nose of machine so that it firmly captures cable to avoid kinks occurring inside the drum. If machine has automatic feed, move feed knob to neutral position. Grasp cable with gloved hands and pull while jogging air foot switch pedal. When tool is dislodged and drum has stopped rotating, place FOR/OFF/REV switch in
    FOR (forward) position, loosen set screw on nose of machine and follow normal operating procedure.

Never operate this machine in REV (reverse)
    for any other purpose. Operating in reverse can
    damage a cable and cause serious injury.
    My guess is this would save many a cable and many rental companies and newcomers much grief.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Then Ridgid would sell less machines.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

A WORD OF ADVICE. THE SMALLER THE CABLE THE FASTER IT WILL KINK. ALSO THE LESS OF A BITE IT WILL GIVE YOU. A 3/8'' CABLE IS MUCH EASIER TO DESTROY THAN A 3/4'' ONE. YOU NEED TO HAVE EXPERIENCE IN ANYTHING YOU DO. RENTING A DRAIN CLEANING MACHINE TO SOMEONE NOT EXPERIENCED IS NOT A GOOD THING. YOU CAN AND HAVE FOUND OUT THAT THE CABLE WILL GET DAMAGED. MY CABLES ARE IN GOOD CONDITION JUST FOR THAT REASON. I'M THE ONLY ONE TO USE MY MACHINES. I KNOW THEIR LIMITS. BEGINNERS HAVE NO FEEL. JUST LIKE FISHING FOR THE FIRST TIME. YOU HAVE TO ACQUIRE? THE FEEL. ALSO USING THE RIGHT COMBINATION OF MACHINE AND CUTTERS WILL MAKE A HUGH DIFFERENCE. YOU DON'T GO FISHING FOR SHARK WITH A TROUT POLE.

Comment

Working...
      X