Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping a spare drive belt

Hi Guys,

I have had my K60 for about 6 months now and love it, I can't imagine using anything else. I am just wondering how often the drive belt needs to be replaced? Is it common? Do you change it yourself or is that a warranty item? Also do you keep a spare drive belt in the van just in case?

Re: Keeping a spare drive belt

i asked a similar question in another thread and didn't get much help. i guess i'm just unloved or something

i'm gonna get a drive belt and clutch jaw assenbly for mine. that seems to be the items that would wear out/break and would be a quick field repair.

maybe someone else will chime in

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Well I might just order one as well. We have a dealer in town here that services/sells ridgid machines but they basically close friday and open monday. If the belt breaks I could stand to lose 4-6 jobs over a friday/saturday. I am just unsure how common it breaks but like any belt I know they do go from time to time.

Comment

I HAVE HAD MINE FOR A YEAR NOW WITH NO PROBLEMS

I DO MAINTANCE ON IT SUCH AS GREASE CLEAN THE JAWS AND IT WORKS GREAT!

I Did have a minor problem, the set screw that holds the drive coupling the makes the belt spin kept comming lose. I had to buy a new set scew.

Comment

Working...
        X