Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4" blow bag for main line soft blockages

Any body use E'm ??????
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: 4" blow bag for main line soft blockages

Not me but after a stubborn grease clog I am also wondering if they are effective.

Comment

I use them as a last resort and they are pretty effective.

I also will start with a blow bag if the basement is full (2" or more) of water and I don't have a safe place to work from. It's either that or have the basement pumped $$$. Once I have a safe working area I follow with snaking.

Remember a blow bag is only a relief, it doesn't fix the problem.

I did a home a while back where the HO had been using a blow bag every other week for over a year. He ended up paying a lot more as now his line was infested with roots.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

The are great for "sludgie" clogs!

I carry a 4", 6", i just purchased a 1-1/2"--2" one!

I only use them when i cable a line from a stack base to a main c/o and the line still does dont open. I will put that bag in there and let it work for a bit and it will almost always break through the "sludgie" clogg.

The 6" one i have only used one time but it worked well! It was a main sewer that had been backed up for months and the home owner did not know it because there was a c/o outside that the sewage had been overflowing out of. I cabled the line to the city main 75' with an electric eel and i seen my calbe in the city man hole but the line was still clogged. i put that 6" blow bag down there, let it work for almost 20mins and it cleared it!! i looked it the main hole and it was the nastiest diritiest water i have ever seen!

Comment

I carry 4" and 6" bags for sludge blockages. They work great, you just have to ensure there is no other outlet for the water to back up out of.

A couple of times I had a main that was sludged up, so I put the bag in the line and went out to the truck to get something. On the way back I noticed the lawn started to bulge I walked over and there was a huge pocket of water was forming under the grass. The water pressure from the sludge bag located the problem spot for me.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          Ron's Facebook
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Hi there,

I use them primarily as a "finish flush" after bad blockages. Helps wash out debris that was left loose in the line after rodding (roots, grease, scale, sludge).

Occasionally I use them in tandem with rodding on bad sludge lines, But you have to be careful as they can make a mess. When I do this, I put the blow bag behind the point where I'm rodding from. Example: Rodding from a Cleanout in front (or downspout or cleanout on stack inside) and put the blow bag in the line from the catch basin outlet. I only do this after relieving the line first though to get the water moving.

If there's sludge and I can't get it after 30 minutes, it's jetter time!

Comment

I'll use one once in a while after pumping a septic tank that was plugged with paper and has the inlet plugged. Most times they work great.
              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

I use mine when they're not buried under 4 tons of everything else I own on the truck!
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Why use a homeowner solution when you can jet it?
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

In Answer to the original question.....no
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                      Why use a homeowner solution when you can jet it?
                      Sometimes I don't feel like taking a machine off the truck or I may feel like the customer can't afford the extra charge. Sometimes I do it just for good will. It depends on my mood and the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                        Sometimes I don't feel like taking a machine off the truck or I may feel like the customer can't afford the extra charge. Sometimes I do it just for good will. It depends on my mood and the situation.

You sound like me...just because I've done that so many times I cannot count at this point.

It's not the weight of the machine because I wheel it everywhere. It's the setup, the pipe removal, dumping the backed up waste that's usually chemically ladened.

It's the process that's wearing me down. Nothing else. Good money in drain cleaning but not enough easy calls against the harder ones.

The cleanup is quite easy as a drum machine keeps it that way...but if you've been in enough homes and done a ton of scenarios...it starts to wear at you.
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                          You sound like me...just because I've done that so many times I cannot count at this point.

It's not the weight of the machine because I wheel it everywhere. It's the setup, the pipe removal, dumping the backed up waste that's usually chemically ladened.

It's the process that's wearing me down. Nothing else. Good money in drain cleaning but not enough easy calls against the harder ones.

The cleanup is quite easy as a drum machine keeps it that way...but if you've been in enough homes and done a ton of scenarios...it starts to wear at you.
                          Usually when I get to that point I've already pumped the septic tank and may have uncovered it. Sometimes the thought of taking something else off the truck just seems like a PITA. If I can get it with a bag, great. If that doesn't work I'll cable it. The customer has seen that I tried everything before I spent anymore of his money. More good will.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post

Back in the day, we'd sometimes do 10 -15 jobs a day, not single drain jobs either. 2 or 3 or more on one job. Then throw in a couple dig ups or re-pipes during the week and you were whooped, I mean aching. We worked long and hard. 12 day schedule with every 3rd night on call 24 hr. Pretty horrendous actually. Thankfully I was younger and could take it but barely. Boy did I feel sorry for some the guys that came from new construction. They often had no clue about the service business. Some of em couldn't even make it 6 months. Bottom line was there's no way a guy could do that for kind of schedule for 20-30 years without completely wrecking his body IMO.

Comment

When I first got started in business for myself, I had bought my parents septic pumping business and started the portable toilet side of things, I was working 7 days a week up to 18 hours a day. A short day would be 5.5 to 6 hours. After a few months of that my body said no more. As I was laying in the drive way for a half hour I thought 'I'd better hire some help'.

It wears on you fast. I sure couldn't do that now!

Comment

Working...
                              X