Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Economy custer trend

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    We'll gut Him out and hang Him on the County fence next to Jason !
    Tool,
    My legal adviser has advised me NOT to thank-you for this post
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

My accountant told me never to take a post dated check, to have the customer date check for the same day work was done and deposit it 2 weeks later or at agreed upon time. Reason being, by taking a post dated check you knew they didn't have the $ in their account when you did the work and will make your case a harder one to fight.

Comment

The only time I did not get payed was by a single mother, who's kid had just had a bone marrow transplant and was recovering from cancer, and do to the sons illness she had lost her job.(taking care of her son). I figured it was some thing she needed any way and a way to help her, but would have appreciated some up front info tho Rather than never paying the bill.
        Last edited by BHD; 11-11-2009, 09:48 PM.
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
          The only time I did not get payed was by a single mother, who's kid had just had a bone marrow transplant and was recovering from cancer, and do to the sons illness she had lost her job.(taking care of her son). I figured it was some thing she needed any way and a way to help her, but would have appreciated some up front info tho Rather than never paying the bill.

Even though an unfortunate situation, I agree totally with your sentiment. That "after the fact" no matter how unfortunate was unkind.

And if you pursued it heavily, everyone would of casted stones at you for not being understanding. ???

I get people that when I work for them, mainly first time customers start laying out all their health problems and financial woes.

Then I start belting all mine out, talking about not being able to walk in the mornings and they STFU real quick knowing they won't play that poor me angle.

I don't care if they call me back either. They're trying to beat me down and it's not going to happen. You called me, I gave you prices, I'm here and I'm doing the job without hearing sob stories because you think I'll bend.

It's a drumroll I understand but discount your work every time it happens and you'll be out of a job and those people calling another plumber. Where's the sympathy/loyalty in that.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

It's hard times and even good people are scraping for cash right now. BUT... The time to ask you about the post dated check would be before you started the job; really before you put your truck in gear to go to the job. I'd be ashamed to even ask. If I had to, I'd ask before you did the job. Suppose you said "No!!"??

Comment

I am still waiting for payment from a bankruptcy attorney. Three months late...

Comment

Originally posted by richinflorida View Post
                It's hard times and even good people are scraping for cash right now. BUT... The time to ask you about the post dated check would be before you started the job; really before you put your truck in gear to go to the job. I'd be ashamed to even ask. If I had to, I'd ask before you did the job. Suppose you said "No!!"??

I can see it now, Cuda is standing over the customer at the next job with a coffee in one hand and sandwich in the other instructing them how to clean a sink drain to pay off their bill.

Comment

I had a service call on a Saturday and told the lady we need to be paid when the work was done. I finshed the job and she told me she was out of checks. I had left our local home builders show where we had a booth to so I could do the job. THE WORST PART WAS SHE HAD A SIGN IN THE FRONT WINDOW THAT SAID "I KNOW THE FUTURE TARO CARDS READ HERE". Its the only time I lost it with a customer. I picked up my tools and left. I have never gotten burned on a post dated check. I have had farmer pay bigger manure line job over 10 month 100 buck at a time. You sent a statement they sent a little money. Septic pumping is alittle better. The county has to have a inspection and pumping done every three years here. If they dont pay no paper work gets turned in and they get fined $375 buck and still have to get the paper in. Most people are honset and just what the water to go away. I love it when the first question out of the persons month is "Will you bill me for the work" Sorry Sir we need to get paid when we are done.

Comment

Working...
                  X