X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economy custer trend

As of the last 2 months I have been getting a lot of post dated checks after doing simple $105 sink cleans. They beg to be fit in to my schedule then when it's all over they say " can you wait 2 days to cash this" then post date the check. Has not happened on main clears just sinks and tubs.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Economy custer trend

i have been getting the same, but on everything. i'm willing to hold it for 2 weeks, till there next payday. i bill out a lot of apt's and land lords. so for me it's OK. a couple of weeks ago i was holding $2,000 in checks for 1/2 doz different people. i have have $2-$3,000 billed out at any one time.
    Last edited by Jerad; 11-10-2009, 10:39 PM.
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Banks ignore post dated checks. They are not valid, you can cash them at any time. But when we do get checks like that we are kind enough to wait.

I just wanted to post the fact they are not valid, if you have a collection agency wanting you to write them a post dated check, do not do it. They will cash it right away. They do not care if the funds are there or not. If the funds are there they got the money they wanted, if the check bounces, now they can take you to court for writing bad checks. And the court will not care if you post dated the check and it was cashed before the post date.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

they check the date here......
        the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

I was waiting for someone to spill those beans. It's legal tender, no way around it.

I'm constantly getting paid by credit card it seems. I had one process within 12 hours on a $600 charge which was impressive from Discover.

Had a woman get pissed at me yesterday for not working on her dryer (nat. gas to propane) but she revealed she was a renter. This was over the phone, short and sweet.

Well, I need permission from that property owner to work at his property. I should of told her to bring the dryer to my doorstep and I'd make the switch.

Rules are rules.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Well according to the Uniform Commercial Code, a bank will take a check regardless of the date. If you hand the bank a deposit slip with 20 checks the teller is not obligated to check the date.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

100% of my customers that have wrote a post dated check have asked to write it as soon as they call. Usually they ask if the first of the month is O.K. I get at least 3 of these a month and so far I've never been burned.
              Usually it's a vet on disability, old lady on SS, or someone thats just down right poor but would like to flush their toilet.

It's the Jason Baker of Winslow Maine and his type that are more then capable of earning a buck and chose to screw you with a bounced check, that pi$$es me off.

I'd rather a customer work something out with me, instead of just writing a bad check knowing full well it's going to bounce.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                Well according to the Uniform Commercial Code, a bank will take a check regardless of the date. If you hand the bank a deposit slip with 20 checks the teller is not obligated to check the date.
                Yes, they WILL cash a post dated check regardless of the date.
                If it is post dated and you submit it, it will be cashed.
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I just don't like them doing it to me after I have finished the job, would be ok if they asked first, I cant call for a pizza and post date the check on them....lol
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

fortunately in all the years i've only had 3 customer returned checks.

1 was a doctor and 2 were lawyers

i got paid on all 3, but come on. between the 3 of these, it was about $800. total.

i had to wait for my state refund here in california to become good

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Re: Economy custer trend JASON BAKER ??????????

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                      100% of my customers that have wrote a post dated check have asked to write it as soon as they call. Usually they ask if the first of the month is O.K. I get at least 3 of these a month and so far I've never been burned.
                      Usually it's a vet on disability, old lady on SS, or someone thats just down right poor but would like to flush their toilet.

It's the Jason Baker of Winslow Maine and his type that are more then capable of earning a buck and chose to screw you with a bounced check, that pi$$es me off.

I'd rather a customer work something out with me, instead of just writing a bad check knowing full well it's going to bounce.
                      Jason Baker! I never woulda guessed !
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

i just had a New customer "bounce" a check on me for $225.00. It was for a main sewer line that was backed up on a sat at 4pm. I was there unclogged it. Now his problem is solved but i lost money.

He said he would pay, but he will not have the funds for two weeks until he gets paid.

Comment

We'll gut Him out and hang Him on the County fence next to Jason !
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I have told several people who want to post date a check or a payment plan, I tell them if they don’t pay I will come back and sit a block away, with my crawler camera and stuff there pipe full of diapers! They have no clue I don’t have a crawler. I say it kind of jokingly but I think they get the point.

6 + years on my own and I have never been burned. A few have tried. I have threaded to put a contractors on the property. Here in Wisconsin it 69 dollars to file it.
                            Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                            1-920-284-7471

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                              i just had a New customer "bounce" a check on me for $225.00. It was for a main sewer line that was backed up on a sat at 4pm. I was there unclogged it. Now his problem is solved but i lost money.

He said he would pay, but he will not have the funds for two weeks until he gets paid.
                              That is why i don't accept checks for after hour and weekend calls.
                              I ran a job last Sunday where they wanted me to accept a check. I said sure here is a 5 gal bucket. I will come out to clear the line when the check clears

Comment

Working...
                              X