X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack of the High Vacs

The phone book came out this week. Two trucking outfits just got Vac Con machines with half inch and 1 inch hoses. They are charging 200 bucks for that big truck. I think we are going to wait on a bigger trailer.
    Thanks to all of you who help with advice on the warthog it works great.

Re: Attack of the High Vacs

Where I'm at the CITY has the HUGE Vac Con truck plus a smaller one and will handle many things that are done through the private sector in other areas.

J.C.

Comment

JC, I still say that is very wrong. Either the ho owns the service, or they don't. If the city is doing work on the ho's lines for free, they are overfunded and overstaffed. If they are charging, it's over the top wrong. In that case they are running a business, not a san district. I'd lodge a complaint.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
        JC, I still say that is very wrong. Either the ho owns the service, or they don't. If the city is doing work on the ho's lines for free, they are overfunded and overstaffed. If they are charging, it's over the top wrong. In that case they are running a business, not a san district. I'd lodge a complaint.
        No complete investigation from me yet. I'm pretty sure they are not charging.

Now they are relining lines all over the place right here. Contracted to a company out of Fla. Man I wish I would have know about it or paid better attention to what is going on.

J.C.

Comment

This company.

http://www.insituform.com/

J.C.

Comment

insituform has to be huge...

they relined some mains in Fairplay, a couple towns south of here, last summer.

they're everywhere!
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
              insituform has to be huge...

they relined some mains in Fairplay, a couple towns south of here, last summer.

they're everywhere!
              Yep. One of the big boys.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
              X