Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Evacuating water

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    I just used the transfer pump and 150' of hose tonight to pump downstairs tub and waste system to street's manhole.Dropped it low enough to where I could open an interior wall cleanout without wasting the place.
    Using a pump crossed my mind and that would seem to be the best solution. Should be ummmm, fun

Comment

Well if the access point you are going thru doesn't get the stoppage then you need another place to start, so look for old abandoned lines or open the wall at the most advantagious spot and install a cleanout. If one lets the water go down for 24hrs then how long does it take till it backs up? 1 min ? then the clog is far out, 15 secs. then the clog is close. A series of bends will make the job harder open the line where it will help you and the customer if needed.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

you might try a shop vac and cap the vent

rick.
        Hm. Stole my thunder.

When I see a tub line with no crosshairs or anything
        to keep garbage from going down the line
        I start with a wet vac.
        Last edited by Jay Mpls; 11-19-2009, 09:43 AM. Reason: D'oh

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          I just used the transfer pump and 150' of hose tonight to pump downstairs tub and waste system to street's manhole.Dropped it low enough to where I could open an interior wall cleanout without wasting the place.
          Please give us specc. on pump. I want one
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            Please give us specc. on pump. I want one
            Harbor Freight

1550GPH/25GPM
            120' lift capacity
            800 watt motor.

She's a beast.
            Starting to look like my 2009 Harbor Freight purchase of the year.

Comment

Is the vent even wet? Might help to verify that it is first before you go make a mess of things. If not, you know what to do--I hope. If it is, the problem likely is that you're going through the stoppage or the entire section is full of soap/grease build up. Just continue to work back and forth through it, that's the key. On theses super greasy lines, you should using a minimum of 1/2" cable. If you can, 5/8" would be best. You're gonna have one hell of a mess if you cut open this line before its cleared.
              Also, I assume there's toilet in this bathroom. If so, the shower line likely ties into that main at some point. I would think 40 feet would put you well into the main.

Edit: You can also try jetting but be extremely careful not to move the stoppage further down causing a flood downstairs.
              Last edited by Twicepipes; 11-19-2009, 11:57 AM.

Comment

2 inch hose and a septic truck. I would think one hour with no disposal cant be that much. Let the truck build up to 20 plus inches and open the valve with the hose over it. Trailer park kitchen sink special.

Comment

Working...
                X