X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole house trap and roots

Customer has a whole house trap in driveway. Blockage I'll deal with sat. A.M. suspect a row of Juniper trees near By. What root cutter can I pass through this trap? Thank You
    General maxi rooter,3/4" cable good assortment of cutters. Also K 375 with 1/2" cable.
    Only about 30' to street main
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Whole house trap and roots

Stick with the maxi rooter! I had the same machine and i would use the 3" spiral root saw and i never had much trouble passing a 4" c/i trap!

Comment

Don't have any experience with 3/4". I'm guessing a C cutter if your lucky.

Sounds strange "whole house trap in driveway". All of ours are in the basement. Easy to get to. I usually use a C cutter on 1 1/4 4 foot section and stand on it to force it to "screw" itself in.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Also, most (not all) have a trap bypass here.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
          Don't have any experience with 3/4". I'm guessing a C cutter if your lucky.

Sounds strange "whole house trap in driveway". All of ours are in the basement. Easy to get to. I usually use a C cutter on 1 1/4 4 foot section and stand on it to force it to "screw" itself in.
          Same here 1 1/4 4 foot section 3" C cutter or sprial 3" cleans house trap quick.
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Gene's right ,I was wrong ! No house trap, regular clean out. Ran spear head 1 st , then 4' root cutter in and out 3 times. The sewer district will camera this for free. They raised their rates and every one HOWLED,hence the new service, IF You have a clean out. Never brought back any roots. The Spiral cutter grabbed hard Just pass the Y one section of clay pipe ,I guess. Do You guess a break? I'm just a cub scout trying to learn from You Guys.
            Charged $125.00 Iguess that's fair Thank's Tool
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
            X