X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxi rooter retrieval problems

3 New bearings,have to help it retrieve. Any Ideas ??
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Maxi rooter retrieval problems

They say the only other thing it can be is a worn cable but My maxi has always been a little slow on coming back even with new cable and new complete bearings assemblies. Thats why I stopped using it and switched to a spartan 1065. The 1065 rocks in backwards compared to my maxi.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I also replaced the springs to make sure they didn't loose some tension but still didn't reverse as well as I would have liked, goes out fast but the only way to get any speed backwards was to put it in forward and run the motor in reverse but I don't like doing that as it can lead to binding up.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I have a Speed Rooter that the drive did the same thing. Honestly I think I'm going to buy a Spartan drive and modify the machine to accept it. It's a good machine otherwise.
        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Good thought ,I'll replace the springs
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            Good thought ,I'll replace the springs
            Tool replace the feed rollers Part # MX 7703 and the top spring Part# MX 7315. Completely remove the drive assembly and disassemble it, remove the front assembly MX 7104, clean up all of the internal parts throughly on a wire wheel. Get some of that red lithium grease and grease it up good on reassembly. You should be good to go then. The edges of the feed rollers get rounded off and do not roil against the snake causing that problem. I have run Speed Rooter 91's for years and have replaced lots of the feed rollers over the years. Tip on the retrieval loosen the tension all the way off before you put the feed in reverse hit your foot switch and then tighten down your tension. It gives the rollers a chance to flip. Try that and let me know how it works.
            WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
            ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Comment

should i use red lithium grease on the grease port on the 3/4 cable drum? its a speed rooter 91. thanks alot.

Comment

Working...
              X